Chapter 37

*man...the leaks for the upcoming chapter left me feeling devastated. Sanzu is my whole world, but damn.. this hurts 😔 I was at work during my break when i saw the leaks in Sat.* pic describes my feelings on the leaks

The next day, Ran and Rindou came back to visit you. They looked happy seeing you, but you know they were holding something back. As Ran was setting flowers in a vase, you put your hand on Rindou's shoulder, grabbing his attention. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"What do you m-mean? Nothings wrong." The fact that he's lying to you hurts. They always told you the truth even when it was bad, but never withheld anything.

"Come on, you don't need to hold back with me." You then heard a sigh coming from Ran.

"Fine." He turns around and sits on a chair near you. "We met Izana when we were in juvie. We looked up to him." Rindou sits across from him so they're both on each of your side. "We told Izana all about our adorable little sister we got. Turns out he wanted to get rid of you because you would hold us back. Mikey's sister was a target and so were you, so Kisaki seeing both of you together... he attempted to take you both out at once." You see the conflict in both of their eyes. You reach out your hands and take theirs in yours.

"Sorry, it was unexpectedly hard to process." Rindou says as he presses his head down onto your hand.

"So!" Ran said breaking the silence. "Takado said he wants Rin and I to finish our general education." You puffed up your cheeks to contain your laugh. "He wants you to finish high school to." He says, enjoying the amusement die from your face.

"Ugh, I haven't been to school in months." You complained.

"Guess we're in the same boat." Rindou adds as he keeps his head on your hand, enjoying the warmth. "But I don't want to lose Takado as a dad since our deadbeat father abandoned us. So I'll go through with it."

This was the first time they ever mentioned any of their parents. You didn't want to ask before seeing as it was none of your business and not wanting to think of the past. You enjoyed their presences and continued to talk about random things for the future.

☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆

A few days have passed and you and Emma were still kept in the hospital to see if there were any delayed symptoms that have yet to show from the impact. Luckily nothing came up so whenever you have time, you walk to Emma's room and hang out with her. You were both let out temporarily to attend her grandfather's funeral and returned after. She blames herself for her grandfather's death. Everyone tried to console her and it worked for a while. So whenever you can, you hang out with her and brighten up her day.

You were like other days, hanging out with Emma when Takemichi walks in with a girl by his side who you came to know as Tachibana Hinata.

"Emma! (Y/n)! How are you?" She comes and hug each of us.

"We're fine. Just chatting about our new boyfriends." Emma tells her making Hina's eyes go bright with curiosity.

"I'm so glad you and Draken are together, Emma!" As Emma and Hina start getting deeper into their conversation, Takemichi pulls you aside.

"What's up, Takemichi?" He seems to hesitate.

"Um...Mikey disbanded Toman."

"What?" Your eyes go wide at the sudden news. "Why'd he make that decision?"

"He wanted to protect everyone's future, to live peaceful lives outside of gangs."

The Mikey you knew since children idolized his brother and created a gang to make a new era. So for him to make this decision... he must've thought this through. Having finished processing the news, you watched as Takemichi twiddle his fingers nervously.

"What's going on?"

"Huh! Oh nothing." He lies terribly. He's sweating and not making eye contact with you.

"Takemichi." You stare him down hard and grab his collar. "What's going on?"

"I uh...The former Toman members...are on the way to the hospital to meet you." He finishes and you release him.

"What?!" Your yell made Hina's and Emma's conversation die down. "Why are they here?"

"They decided it was a good time to meet you....to apologize."

"Hey (Y/n)." You hear Hina call you. "Just hear them out." It was only a few days since getting to know her and you put her in the same category as Emma, an angel.

"Fine." You sigh and walk back to your room to await the dreaded talk.

You wait in your room with Takemichi since you didn't want to be alone. Hina said she'll stay back with Emma since it doesn't involve her.

~Knock Knock~

"Come in." You tell them and the captains who were not in juvie, and vice captains enter the room.

"Hey (y/n)...are you well." Draken asked you somewhat awkwardly.

"I've been better." You replied back bitterly.

"We came here to apologize to you." They all bow down to you.

"We're sorry, (Y/n)!" They all say in unison.

"Before I decide whether to forgive you or not, tell me why first." They lift their head to look at you. "Why? Why did you all treat me the way you did?"

°○°○°○°○°○°○°○°○°○°
~Draken's Pov~

It was a few years ago sometime after I met Mikey. I was hanging out at his place and he said another friend of his is on the way. I couldn't wait to meet other people who were friends with Mikey. Then there (Y/n) appeared at the house, with her long sleeves shirt and shorts on.

"This is one of my besties, (Y/n)."

Mikey introduced us to each other and she went off to hang with Mikey's sister soon after. After a while of playing around, I went to get some water when I noticed (Y/n) alone, sitting on the porch.

"Let's go play with Mi-

I go up to her and pull her up when she slaps my arm away. The slaps hurt and I step back. She had an angry face.

"Let go! Don't touch me!"

I remember taking offense to that and walked back to Mikey. I was about to tell him what (Y/n) said but stopped. She knows Mikey longer than I do, so he'll probably won't believe me.

A few more days go by and I hide how angry I get about (y/n) whenever Mikey is around. Baji came to me eventually that (y/n) had pushed him away and cursed at him. He had came to dislike her afterwards but he didn't want to let Mikey be aware of that since he cares for her.

We had met the other founding members that would eventually form Toman and we told them about (Y/n). They all individually met her and decide for themselves. They all came back to us with the same opinion. Even Mitsuya who I thought would actually get along with her but even he disliked her. He said his big brother instinct kicked in and he tried to roll up her sleeves since it was hot out and she had long sleeves. She pushed and screamed at him to leave her alone. Our feelings of dislike grew into hatred over the years.

With Toman formed and more people joining us, they followed us as we all ganged up on (Y/n). We had told them that Mikey must never know about what we do to her.

We were happy that Mikey had kicked her out of Toman, but soon we felt guilty when she tried so hard to save Baji. Her once fear in her eyes whenever she saw us held anger and renewed determination and it was all because of the Haitani Brothers.