44. Tequila Komos [End]

••Six months later••

Jaiden was sitting in Gloria's kitchen and downed a shot of the tequila that Toni snuck in. He sighed as the sweetness of the agave hit his tongue and back of his throat.

"Fuck, this is different." He said as he poured another shot.

Toni held his glass out so Jaiden could refill his as well. "Tequila Komos. It's a bit more Mediterranean."

Jaiden slowed down while drinking it. "Komos? Isn't that a Greek god?"

"God of festivities." Toni said with a Chuckle.

Jaiden leaned against him.  "How fitting."

They were dressed in matching dark jeans and white button-up shirts. Jaiden had rolled his sleeves, so his forearms were exposed, revealing his new tattoos of the Sandias and Organ Mountains in a geometric design on either arm. These two mountain ranges represented the places that meant the most to him; where he found his path and where he found his heart.

Toni bent his head and kissed the Sandias tattoo. "If we keep drinking, Travis will have our heads."

"Can we consider his nagging as assault and arrest him." Jaiden groaned.

"So very tempting. But unfortunately, your little blonde friend is married to one hell of a lawyer, and the charges will never stick." Toni countered and took a long drink from his glass.

"I just want to say 'I do' and run off with you... after kicking off these ridiculous boots." Jaiden tapped the heel of his cowboy boots on the stool. "How did you talk me into these?"

Toni smirked. "I believe I mentioned something about wanting to see you wearing nothing but cowboy boots. But this is a sexy look too."

Jaiden laughed. "One day, your charms won't work on me."

"Doubtful." Toni said with an amused huff.

Nate came rushing in with an infant in his arms at that time. "Christ, you guys are here? Travis is looking everywhere for you!"

Jaiden grinned. "Let me hold my nephew."

Nate looked around real quick. "You do realize that I am using my son to protect myself from Travis.  You're friends with a professional fighter, but I'm terrified of the smallest one of your group."

Jaiden laughed, took the tiny child from Nate's arms, and cooed over the boy. "Thank god he looks just like Patricia." He said quietly. "He's beautiful. I can't get over it."

Toni wrapped his arm around Jaiden's shoulder and gently rubbed the infant's head. "He will be an amazing cop when he grows up."

Nate scoffed. "He is going into science like me and catch all the bad guys using forensics. No more cops in the family!"

Jaiden smirked. "You sealed his fate when you named him after the best detective in New Mexico. Little Carlos is following his uncles' footsteps."

Toni grinned. "He's going to be even better than us."

The doors opened, and a panicked blonde was about to rail into them. "What the-"

The three men shushed him and pointed to the sleeping baby.

Travis faltered, and his scowl turned into a smile when he noticed the scene. He pulled out a camera and took a picture of them huddled around the baby. "As adorable as this is, everyone is ready for you two."

Jaiden sighed heavily. "We should have gone to the courthouse."

Toni chuckled. "Try explaining that to our mothers."