Chapter Twenty-Seven: Time Lost

Jin Pov...

Damn, time to get up already? I stared at the ceiling of my room ready to start the day.

Jin: Feels like I've been asleep for months, what the hell has the author been doing?

I felt a pair of arms wrap around me just as I was about to leave the bed.

Nemuri: Stay in bed a little longer...?

Jin: Sorry Nems, gotta make breakfast for the kids. Besides, it's not like we have work for a while...

I heard Nemuri verbally pout at my comment.

Nemuri: Fine, I'll let you go... but I'm staying in bed a while longer.

Jin: Works for me. Sleep well, breakfast should be done by the time you get up.

I opened the door to my room, only to be greeted with the sounds of distant construction being done.

Jin: Time to get breakfast started.

After some time, making the meal that starts the day foR MY PRECIOUS CHILDREN-... ahem... excuse me, I saw Dabi and Zuke head out for their morning training followed by Zumi.

The thing I noticed though, Zuke didn't say good morning to me this time even when Zumi did... I'm sure he's still upset over me not killing Toshi but... honestly I ask that myself sometimes.

I made a promise, but what good does it do if the person I spare fails to change in the end...

Eri: Papa...? Morning already...?

I looked down and smiled at my little horned angel.

Jin: Yeah, it's still a bit early. You can go back to bed, I'll wake you when breakfast is ready, okay little one?

I felt my heart just crush when I saw her pout at me.

Eri: I'm not tired though...

Jin: Okay, you can help me prepare breakfast then.

Her pout turned to a cheer and I could feel a giant pressure just lift off my shoulders. She rolled over her stool and began helping me prepare pancakes.

Meanwhile...

Author Pov...

Izuku: I just can't believe him, after everything that bastard did, he let him live?

Izumi: I know right?!

Izuku leaped into the air, swinging his leg at Dabi's head. Dabi evaded the kick with ease and continued dodging both of the Izu twins' attacks.

Dabi: That's what you don't understand kiddos. Dad has already spent the good part of his existence purging and destroying the wicked, why is it so bad that he'd finally try to save them from their own wickedness?

Dabi lifted his leg, striking Izuku's abdomen and quickly swiping his legs from beneath him.

Izumi: People don't just change-

Dabi: But they can, as long as they try. People aren't born with pre-existing hatred. That shit's formed through experience.

Izuku got up to his feet, catching his breath.

Izuku: But even so, why even bother? Why give him the chance to do even more harm?

Dabi dropped his fighting stance and wiped the sweat off his face.

Dabi: You should know by now, no great achievement was ever accomplished without taking a risk or gamble. Dad's gamble just so happened to be the task of forming Toshinori into an actually good person.