Everything He Does

[NOT EDITED]

Chapter 14:

Niall gulped as he saw Jasper and Luke walk his way. He wiped his sweaty palms on his jeans and tried to focus more on Jasper and his cute little smile, but he couldn't ignore the the green eyes that pierced his own blue ones. they didn't exactly scream anger but at the same time, they didn't scream happy either. they were in between but Niall preferred they not be there at all.

Niall silently prayed that Luke wasn't actually there and it was just going to be him and Jasper having lunch, but when two bodies appeared at his side he stopped praying because obviously it wasn't working. he gave Jasper a friendly 'hello' and for some reason when he greeted Luke, he felt it'd be better if he stood and shook his hand.

Luke shook back but look confused at the formality of Niall's greeting to him. Niall blushed at his own stupidity. he was acting like a fifteen year old boy about to ask the father of his crush permission to take her out. and in a way, he was. although when he would do this when he was younger, he wasn't nervous as he was right now.

"Well I'm gonna turn these in. I'll be right back," Jasper says breaking the silence and giving Luke a knowing look. like just smiles and rolls his eyes shoving Jasper away. Niall smiles at the brotherly bond but when Jasper finally leaves Luke turns to him and his palms feel like waterfalls.

"So I hear you're planning to take my brother across the ocean," Luke says more than questions as he sits down in the chair I front of Niall's. Niall fists his hands trying to say something but his tongue is tied and his throat feels as though it hasn't had water in years.

"Are you gonna sit or are you gonna stand there awkwardly the entire time?" Luke chuckles sitting back in his chair, a smirk playing on his lips enjoying the way he makes Niall nervous and scared. it made him happy knowing he affected him that way. it showed him that niall truely did care about Jasper by being nervous trying to please Luke. luke didn't hate Niall, he just wanted to challenge him to see if his feelings for his younger brother were true.

Niall sat down quickly, feeling his face flush red under Luke's scrutiny.

"That's better isn't?" Luke teases and Niall just nods staring at his hands. Luke sighs. as much as he enjoyed playing mean, he was tired of seeing Niall fidget and not responding to him with words. it was clear that he did like Jasper and that's all he wanted to know.

"Niall you don't have to be shy around me," Luke spoke offering him a fiends u smile which Niall tried to return but it ended up looking forced. Luke chuckled under his breath resting his elbows on the table.

"Yes," Luke said looking at the menu on the table. Niall furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. he hadn't asked a question so what was the "yes" for?

"Excuse me?" Niall asked looking at Luke whose eyes were still scanning the laminated paper in his hands. Luke sighed and set the menu down finally looking at Niall.

"Yes, Jasper can go with you to Ireland," he clarified and for an instant it was like time stood still for a second with Niall trying to grasp what Luke had said. He processed the words carefully to make sure he had heard right and even pinched himself to check that he was indeed not sleeping. when he felt a pinch on his arm he smiled widely and felt ecstatic.

"Luke thank you so much. I promise I'll take care of him and make sure nothing happens to him and-"

"Yeah yeah, just don't make me regret it," Luke warns stopping Niall from his rant. Niall just blushed and nodded, his leg bouncing under the table with excitement. he couldn't wait to tell Jasper and to see his reaction. but most importantly he couldn't wait till the weekend and spend it with Jasper. and his family but more importantly with Jasper.