Confessions

Chapter 9: Third Person POV

"why are you starring at your phone like a zombie? Expecting a call?" Louis asked Niall who had a blank stare on his face, his eyes fixated on his phone. Niall's unaware stare was broken and he glanced at his chestnut-haired friend whom invited let himself in his home. Then again none of the boys ever called to say they were coming over and Niall just didn't care anymore. If anyone came into his house and murdered him he'd blame it on his friends and haunt them forever.

"No, just thinking," Niall replied pursing his lips together looking at the TV which Louis had just turned on. It was a Sunday meaning there would be nothing good on but Niall just let Louis find that out for himself.

"you've been thinking a lot recently Ni. May i know what you've been thinking about?" Louis asked curiously, giving the blond his undivided attention because he really did want to know what was going on with his friend. He'd been acting strange for quite some time now. especially after his mother had told him to bring a date to their wedding anniversary. and that day when he'd shown up looking completely out of it and claimed to have almost been murdered, the guys were completely worried and payed close attention on him but they didn't get any closer to discovering what was wrong with him.

"Its nothing," Niall lied, trying to sell his lie with a smile but Louis saw right through him, giving him an accusing glare. Niall raised his hands in surrender, swearing nothing was wrong and again Louis didn't believe him.

"For Christ sake's Niall! The guys and i are worried about you and we keep trying to help but you're not letting us in! you've changed Niall and we just want to know why!" Niall stared at Louis with wide eyes from his outburst. Louis' face was red and his hands were clenched at his side. He didn't mean to yell but if that was the only way to get him to talk then so be it. Niall felt bad as well. He's never lied to the boys and didn't know how it was affecting them. He didn't like to know that they worried about him but at the same time he wasn't ready to tell them. It wasn't such a bad thing that he couldn't tell them and he knew they wouldn't judge him but he didn't want them to be involved in something he was still unsure of.

"well?" Louis asked again, his hands on his hips and Niall just looked at him with his lip in between his teeth comteplqting whether or not to tell Louis, but as he stared at Louisa and thought about how he's worried the guys, the guilt ate at him and he couldn't imagine a world where they just got fed up with his mood and left him.

"There's this guy," Niall began and from there he told Louis everything about Jasper. From the day he rescued the beautiful blue-eyed from being hurt, tot he non-stop thinking about him and waiting at the cafe everyday, to taking his out to lunch and meeting his protective brother. He told Louis everything, ebeing about his confusing feelings he got when he thought about jasper. And Louis listened. he listened with out interrupting his friend, pulling him into a hug when he noticed the distressed look on his face mixed with confusion and smiled when he heard the fondness in his friends voice when he described the boy in much detail.

"hmm," was all Louis' said and it wasn't the most appropriate thing to say but he didn't know what to say. Better yet, he didn't know what Niall wanted to hear. From what he heard and interpreted, it seemed as though Niall liked the boy, Any one could see it if they heard the same thing Louis had, but what if that wasn't what Niall wanted to hear?

"well what do you think?" Louis asked Niall, who was now resting his head in his lap with Louis playing with his hair.

"what do you mean lou? that's why i asked you."

"i mean, do you like him? as more than a friend?" he asked Niall more clearly. Niall looked at Louis, then at the ceiling trying to answer the same question he's been asking himself. Jasper was beautiful, no doubt. He made Niall smile, and filled a void in him that no one else could fill.