Call Me... Maybe?

(Pic is of sexy Luke)

Chapter 8:

"Thanks for the lunch," Jasper said once we exited the restaurant. Our lunch was a quiet one and only few words were spoken but I didn't mind. I felt comfortable with him and the silence between us wasn't an awkward one.

"It was my pleasure," I said turning to him, giving him a genuine smile. he laughed and looked down at his feet.

"Well I gotta head home now," he said, sounding almost sad, his voice trailing off as he looked past me.

"I can walk you!" I exclaimed, almost too quickly. "if you want," I added. he looked at me through dark lashes biting his bottom lip.

"It's a long walk, I wouldn't want you to waste your time on me," Jasper said timidly playing with the sleeves of his sweater. if possible, the action made him cuter than before. and honestly, I don't have anything better to do and even if I did, it could wait. I didn't want to risk Jasper getting hurt.

"No I don't have anything going on and taking a walk would be great actually."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes Jasper," was all I said before we continued walking to his home. we walked in silence, and the only thing I could hear was our slow breaths and Jasper occasionally clearing his throat. the silence wasn't terrible but I just had the need to hear him talk and to learn about him. so I asked questions hoping I didn't pry to much and make him feel uneasy with me.

"So how do you like it here? I remember you said you were new here," was my first question.

"I mean it's okay. better than my last home I guess, I guess."

"Why's that? Where are your parents?" I asked, as we turned around a corner.

"I'd rather not talk about it, actually," he spoke looking both ways before we crossed the street. "at least not yet," he added, and I felt hopefull that he was letting me in to something personal.

"It's ok, I'll wait." we walked some more and I asked another question.

"So where's your favorite spot here?"

"I actually haven't seen much of town. my brother has been very protective since the day that guy got me and he doesn't let me go out with out him." He mumbled frowning.

"But you're out now," I stated, smiling watching him blush.

"Yeah, I'm 20 and I don't need to be taken care of like a child," he huffed and as he said that he tripped on a crack on the sidewalk. I got a hold of his arm before his face kissed the ground and I smirked.

"Shut up," he said and continued to walk more carefully this time.

"One day I'll take you to my favorite spot, if you'd like," I offered, silently hoping he'd say yes.

"Ok," he said and I grinned.

Ten minutes later we finally arrived at his brothers home. It wasn't big but it sure was a nice one. His brother must have a well paying job.

"Thanks for walking me Niall, I really appreciate it," Jasper spoke stepping onto the porch, kicking an imaginary pebble around on the ground in a nervous manner.

"Anytime," I replied stepping onto the first step looking up at him. He smiled at me, and I smiled back. We stayed like that for a couple more seconds, until the opening of a door broke our stare.

"Jasper! Where have you been?" Demanded a guy, probably around my age, with dark hair, ocean blue eyes and a strong build. I assume he was Jasper's brother, although they didn't look anything alike.

"What-t are y-you doing h-home?" Jasper stuttered staring at his brother.

"I came by to get lunch and I got the surprise of not seeing you here, so where were you? You know I don't like you going out alone," he fumed and his landed on mine. He looked at me, studying my face and eyeing me up, narrowing his eyes.

"What're you doing with this guy?" He asked like he knew me and he probably did. but I didn't do anything to him or hurt Jasper so he doesn't need to act like he's gonna murder me.

"This is Niall, the guy that helped me when I got into a fight and he invited me for lunch today while I was out for a walk," Jasper whispered, looking at the ground the entire time. I wanted to hug him and punch his brother in the face for being rude. But I didn't, and stood there dumbfounded staring at the two brothers.

"And you just said yes? You don't know him!" The guy exclaimed looking at his younger brother like he had two heads.

"I'm sorry," I interrupted, "but I would never hurt Jasper. If I did I wouldn't of helped him that first time I met him. plus, it looked like he needed a friend," I spoke looking at Jasper, as he gave me a small smile.

"Yeah I don't give a sh!t, stay away from my brother. Jasper get into the house." he commanded glaring at me grabbing Jasper by the arm pulling him towards the door. Jasper pulled his arm out of his grip staring at him with angry eyes.

"No Luke! Let me say bye to Niall first." They stared at each other intently but Luke was the first to look away with a huff starring at me with annoyance.

"Fine! But stay away from my brother!" He hissed pointing at me then marched inside his house.

"I'm so sorry about him Niall, this is all my fault. I should've stayed home like he told me too," Jasper apologized rubbing his cheeks with the sleeves of his sweater looking at me with embarrassment.

"Hey it's ok. It's not my first time encountering an overprotective scary sibling," I joked smiling when I earned a chuckle from him. I laughed too because his was contagious.

"Well I better get inside before Luke kills you." I chuckled, trying to come up with something so we didn't have to say goodbye just yet.

"Yeah, ok." Was all I could manage.

"Bye Niall, thanks for lunch," Jasper said, giving me one last look before opening the door to him house. watching him retreat, I had a feeling that somehow Luke would keep him from seeing me and that he'd keep a close eye on him. And I knew that that wouldn't be good for either one of us. Much more for me.

"Wait!" I called to him, reaching into my jacket, and fumbled in my pockets smiling when I found the pen I had kept in their for some kind of emergency. I don't know what kind of emergency would require a pen until now and I was thankful.

"What?" He asked curiously, eyeing the pen in my hand.

"Give me your hand," I smiled, grabbing his hand and turning it over, scribbling on his palm.

"God, what are you doing? It tickles," Jasper giggled. Yes, he giggled, and It was the cutest thing ever.

"There you go," I grinned, reluctantly letting his soft pale hand go. he looked at what I wrote and blushed, letting out a chuckle.

"If you ever need a friend, and if you're ever hurt, don't hesitate to just call me, ok?"

"Ok," he nodded, looking at his hand, almost like he couldn't believe my number was written on it.

"See you around."

"Ok, bye Niall," he waved backpedalling inside his house, almost tripping in the process.

I chuckled, waiting until he fully disappeared inside.

Jasper was special, and he had a hold on me that confused the hell out of me. but when I thought about his smile and just him in general, I just hoped that he really would call me.