Dumbledores Back

Dumbledore walked into the hospital wing. Jake looked up to see Albus Dumbledore smiling at him. "Miss Bell, if you don't mind, I need to speak with Jake please" Dumbledore said calmly. Katie nodded.

"Of course professor, I'll just leave" Katie said. She walked out of the hospital wing.

"Professor... You're back" Jake said with a smile. Dumbledore smiled.

"Yes well as soon as the ministry found out what happened here last night they decided that Hogwarts needs me" Albus said. Jake chuckled.

"Professor, they should have known that before. You are the greatest wizard... Well ever" Jake said with a bright smile on his face.

"I'm flattered Jake... Now may I ask you one thing?" Albus asked kindly.

"You just did..." Jake said cheekily. "But If you wish to ask another question then go ahead" Jake said. Albus chuckled and nodded.

"What happened before you went into the chamber?" Albus asked.

"Oh well, I overheard the teachers saying that Ginny Weasley was taken into the chamber... I sat in the same spot thinking of what I could possibly do to help Ginny. Then I saw Ron, Harry and Professor Lockhart going into the girls bathroom-" Jake said then he stopped. "I hope you fire him professor, he's a fraud" Jake said. Albus chuckled.

"Well he has quit, he said Hogwarts is not what it was when he was in school" Dumbledore said with a delighted smile. "Anyway go on with your story Jake"

"I decided I'd follow them, when I walked into the girls bathroom I noticed that the sinks were weird, it was like they had been parted. Moaning myrtle told me that the others had jump down the middle so thats what I did. As soon as I got down there Lockhart was trying to oblivate Ron and Harry's minds so I stunned him." Jake said Dumbledore nodded.

"So you've done exactly what I told you to do in your second year, you're protecting your brother" Albus said. Jake nodded.

"I'll protect him even if it causes injury" Jake said pointing at his leg. Albus nodded. "Is my father angry with me?" Jake asked.

"Well he was very angry but he was also worried sick" Dumbledore said looking at Jake sympathetically.

"He should have known that I wasn't going to listen to him when someone else was in danger" Jake said courageously.

"You're so much like your mother, going out of your way to save others" Dumbledore said calmly.

"Too much like you mother" said a slow and emotionless voice that belonged to Severus Snape.

"Dad..." Jake said. Severus put his hand up to silence him. Jake shut his mouth instantly.

"I am no longer angry with you, but you scared me... I thought the beast had taken you as well" Severus said with fear in his voice. Jake had never heard his father speak like this and Jake started to feel sorry for what he did, even if he didn't regret doing it.

"I'm sorry dad that I scared you but sometimes you need to make some sacrifices for the people you love... You know I'd die protecting my brother and I might have to one day" Jake said. Severus looked at him in horror.

"Don't say that Jake.." Severus began to say. Jake cut him off.

"Why! Even you heard the prophecy" Jake said. Albus chose that it was his turn to but in.

"Jake... It didn't say which one.." Albus began to say but Jake cut him off.

"I won't let my brother die" Jake said with fearful eyes. Albus nodded.

"I know but the prophecy already knows who will die and you can't change that" Albus said. Jake frowned.

"Of course I can't" Jake said "but I know it's me, It can't be harry, it just can't" Jake said frightened. He was now scared, not for his own life but for his brothers life. Jake chose to change the subject before they had to chance to speak. "Where's all the petrified kids?" Jake asked.

"They have been revived" Severus said calmly. Jake nodded.

"I uh want to see Hermione" Jake said calmly. Albus looked at Severus.

"Severus go fetch Hermione Granger" Albus said. Severus sighed and nodded. He then walked out of the hospital wing. "I have one more question to ask you Jake." Albus said. Jake nodded so he'd continue. "What did you do to the snake to distract it from harry, harry said you yelled a spell, what was it?" Dumbledore asked curiously.

"Just a spell dad invented, he told me that I may only use the spell if I were in danger... I don't know if you've heard of it or not but the indication is Sectumsempra" Jake said. Dumbledore nodded.

"No I haven't heard of it... What does it do?" Dumbledore asked. Jake hesitated but decided to tell him.

"It conjures invisible knives that cut whoever or whatever you aim the spell at" Jake said. Dumbledore frowned.

"What's your father doing inventing a spell like that?" Dumbledore asked. Jake had a feeling that the question wasn't directed at him but he answered anyway.

"For protection I guess" Jake said. "He says that he hasn't told anyone else it because he's afraid that people would use it for bad rather then what he or I would use it for" Jake said. Once he stopped speaking Hermione came walking In with Severus.

"Jake!" Hermione said running to Jake and hugging him. "I'm so happy that you weren't badly hurt" Hermione said.

"Me to I guess" Jake said.

"Why'd you want to see me?" Hermione asked. Jake shrugged.

"Well you are my friend and I wanted to see if you were okay" Jake said. Hermione smiled.

"Yeah I'm okay, being petrified wasn't that bad, I'd rather that then being killed" Hermione said. Jake nodded agreeing.