Open up your mind

It had offically been the worst christmas holidays ever... Jake still recieved presents and he was greatful that his father still decided to give them to him but his father was rarely talking to him. The only good thing about the holidays was spending time with his brother Harry. Jake paced around his room. They had just had christmas dinner and his father hadn't said a word to him. "oh come on Jake... if you just apologi..." harry began to say but Jake cut him off.

"if only mum was here, she would know what to do" jake said, then those same words came into his mind that comes into his mind when he goes to sleep. 'open your mind'. Harry gasped. Jake looked up and noticed his mother standing in front of him. "m-mum" jake stuttered. Lily smiled at him. "this can't be real, Im dreaming"

"you're not dreaming jake" lily said smiling at her sons. Harry looked at his mum smiling widely. "harry..." lily said smiling "you've grown up to be a handsome young man like your father" lily said smiling at Harry. Harry went to touch her but his hand went through her. "please dont do that Harry, it feels weird" lily said. Jake pulled harry away.

"sorry mum... This is so cool, I can finally do it!" jake said happily. "Merry Christmas mum" jake said smiling. Harry looked at jake confused.

"what do you mean you can finally do it? You dont mean you made her appear?" Harry asked staring at his mother.

"well Im the only one who can connect with spirits... I didn't think I could make them appear" jake said.

"I'm only here for a short time, Jake you know that I don't belong here" Lily said. Jake nodded he slaked towards her slowly.

"Mum, I need your help" Jake said. Lily gave him a kind smile, she knew what he needed help with and asked no questions.

"All you need to do is apologise Jake, that's all he wants, I know your father like the back of my hand" Lily said. Jake smiled but he frowned.

"But.." Jake began to say but Lily cut him off.

"Just like your father Jake, you don't like apologising do you? Your father only was be able to apologise to one person" Lily said.

"That was you? Wasn't it?" Harry asked. Lily looked at her youngest son and smiled.

"Yes, it was..." Lily said. She then turned to harry. "I hope your forgiving like me because you might need to forgive someone" Lily said and then she disappeared. Jake looked so confused.

"What does she mean?" Jake asked running his hand through his Longish black hair.

"I don't know but you better go apologise to your dad..." Harry said. Jake took a deep breath and nodded. He walked down to his fathers study and he knocked on the door.

"Come in" his fathers emotionless voice said on the other side of the door. Jake walked in nervously and shut the door behind him.

"Dad..." Jake said making Severus look up at him. When Severus didn't say anything Jake continued talking "I'm sorry for what happened the other day, it was careless and irresponsible" Jake said slowly. Severus didn't say anything for a few seconds because he was thinking and then he spoke.

"That's okay jake, I'm not angry anymore" Severus said calmly. Which calmed Jake. Jake took a deep breath.

"You're still disappointed though?" Jake asked. Severus sighed.

"Yes I am but I forgive you and it doesn't matter anymore... Only if you promise never to do it again" Severus said. Jake bit his lip nervously but he nodded.

"okay I promise not to do it again" Jake said crossing his fingers behind his back. He had a feeling he might be using the flo network without his fathers permission again.