𝗛𝗢𝗦𝗣𝗜𝗧𝗔𝗟

E. Kirishima x Female Reader!

Song
Hold On. Chord Overstreet

WARNING:
Mentions of hospitals, death, violence, gore (this includes blood)

Pls read at your own risk

˜"*°•.•°*"˜

Hospitals are never fun. It doesn't matter whether you're the patient or an acquaintance of the patient; it all sucked. The feeling of dread as you waited and watched as doctors ran around with clipboards in their hands, yelling around orders as they fought against time to save a life. To Y/N, this wasn't new. She was used to this kind of stuff. She was used to sitting in the waiting area as she watched people run by her frantically. The screaming, the panic, the blood and just overall chaos would happen throughout the building.

She hated the fact that she could say that she was used to seeing this gruesome and chaotic scene, but it was a factor that came along with being married to a pro hero.

Every day, Y/N had to watch as Kirishima protected Japan against villains and every day she prayed to whatever being out there that he'd come to her safe. Y/N knew that Kirishima was a great hero; in the top ten if he wasn't. She also knows that his quirk allows him to protect himself against more significant threats. However, like every quirk, it has its limits and Kirishima reached that limit in battle.

She remembered watching him fight on the news channel and she remembered every single detail of it. She remembered how the battle began and how after two hours of fighting, the look on Kirishima's face when he noticed that he lost. He couldn't believe it. He looked down at his stomach and noticed how the villain managed to land a blow on him. How the blood slowly started to trickle down his stomach and slowly started dripping onto the dirt, staining it. A single tear rolled down the hero's cheek as he managed to look up at the news reporter and the camera crew and mouthed the words 'I'm sorry' before collapsing to the ground. 

Y/N didn't even have time to process what had even happened. Her body took over and the last thing she remembered was running towards the nearest pro-hero hospital in the area where the battle had happened. She didn't know what came over or where she was going, but her legs started running. A gut feeling overcame her as her speed only seemed to increase and her lungs burned as she continued to push her limits, but she didn't care. No matter how much her brain and lungs screamed at her to stop, her legs just wouldn't listen.

Y/N knew that when Kirishima looked at the camera and said those words they were meant for her. Kirishima promised her before he left for his patrol that day that he'd come back home to her without a single scratch on his body. Today was the first time he's ever broken a promise he made to her. Not once, throughout their five-year relationship, has he ever broken a promise to her. She was pretty sure that was the reason why she lost control over her body because she knew - deep down in her soul - that Kirishima needed her.

This wasn't the first time that Kirishima was brought to the hospital in rough shape after a battle, but today felt different than usual. Usually, Y/N was calm because she knew that Kirishima was strong and that he would make it, but Today, after watching that battle, it felt almost as if he was running out of strength and he wasn't strong enough this time.

The automatic doors to the hospital slid open and Y/N ran inside. She didn't know if it was because of the sudden adrenaline coaching through her veins - causing her senses to heighten - or if the hospital just seemed to be busier than usual, but either way, the chaos just seemed to be extreme today. People screaming and crying were at an all-time high. Some people were looking for their loved ones while others just seemed to be in shock as they sat down on the floor, eyes wide with fear and terror. Trails of blood decorated the floor as people - who she could only assume were taking refuge from the battle - came pouring in through the door. Some injuries seemed severe as the injured clutched onto the wound, hoping to stop the bleeding while others were in shock and pain.

Y/N looked around frantically among the injured, hoping to find Kirishima. Not long after she heard an announcement going out through the ER mentioning an ambulance coming in with a severely injured pro hero and once Y/N saw them rush in, her heart dropped. The noise around her suddenly stopped as her brain seemed to have drowned everything out. She watched as the paramedics quickly rushed her husband into the ER and started telling the doctors and nurses around them about his current condition Kirishima was in ar. her just seemed to slow down and pass by her in slow-mo as her brain tried to process what she had just seen.

Her husband was rushed into a hospital in critical condition and she didn't know if he was strong enough to survive this time.