𝗟𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚

Gen fic x Gender Neutral/Nonspecified Reader!

Song
Lightning In A Bottle. The Summer Set

Warning
Mentions of swearing

Note: Gen Fic means that there are no romantic or sexual relationships or relationships which aren't the main focus of the work.

I would also like to add that this fic includes a few characters and not solely just one.

˜"*°•.•°*"˜

"Y/N!" Mina whined as I watched her jump up and down in my room. "Just do it already!"

My eyes shined white as white electricity travelled around my hands, causing a laugh to escape from the pink-haired girl beside me. The bright sun in the sky was soon covered by dark, heavy rain storm clouds. A smirk appeared on my face as I heard a violent wind sweep over the city, causing leaves and debris to fly everywhere. Thunder went off in the background as I watched the lights flicker on and off in my room.

Bakugo's yelling filled whatever silence was left inside the dorm, causing Mina to clutch her stomach from wheezing too hard. A violent knock echoed through my dorm room, but we couldn't tell if it was because of the tree branch that was banging against my window or if someone was knocking at my door, but either way, neither of us cared; we were too busy laughing our asses off.

Of course, my quirk needed an immense amount of concentration, which was something I clearly didn't have, right now, but there are so many weather quirks in Japan. I doubt that they'll be able to pinpoint it on me this time. Besides, it was three in the morning, I don't think any of the teachers would be up at this time.

Most people would be accusing me of using my quirk for a "villainous" purpose, but I'd consider it more of a heroic deed, helping the public. Whenever All Might claim that we're going to be doing any form of running at six in the morning, I do what I must to prevent it at any cost. Even if I were to get caught, I could just blame it on Mineta; Mina and I already came up with a plan.

"How's it looking out there, my Alien Queen?" I asked, the lighting around my fingers started to cackle, which caused a few lighting strikes to happen outside.

Mina peered out the window, her black eyes squinting. She used her hands to make a binocular shape, pretending that it helped her see farther into the distance. "Welp, based on the fact that I can't see two feet ahead, I'm gonna say pretty good."

A soft knock, echoed through my room, catching my attention, unfortunately.

"Meens, do you mind?" I asked, politely.

My hands started burning and my muscles began tensing up and jolting. A small hiss escaped my lips as I felt my hand burn, followed by a stinging sensation. The physical toll that my quirk had wasn't, exactly, a walk in the park. Unlike Denki, my quirk didn't kill your brain cells; it, actually, electrocutes you. It starts with small shocks, but the longer I use it, the bigger the shocks are and, eventually, it feels like I'm getting struck by lighting. I already knew for a fact that my hands were gonna be covered in red lines and I was praying to the All-mighty Sky Daddy that they weren't severe burn marks.

"Hey, um, L/N?" A small voice spoke, barely audible due to the absolute chaos that was happening outside.

I looked over to the person standing at my door, a small smile appearing on my face. "Oh, Midoryia." I flinched again, feeling a jolt of electricity travel through my arm. "What's up?"

He didn't answer, at first. His attention was devoted to looking outside my window. I watched as his eyes widened in shock before he pulled out his, slightly, burnt notebook. It was a mystery to me how he didn't fill that thing up, yet. He started mumbling as his pen flew across the paper, writing God knows what.

"Midoriya?" I received no answer from the green-haired boy. "Midoriya?" I tried again but received no answer.

I always found it cute whenever he did this, but it annoyed the absolute shit out of me sometimes when he wouldn't answer after the second time I called his name. I couldn't blame him, though. Whenever he got into one of his writing moods he would drown everyone and everything out, no matter what was going on and I don't think the raging storm outside was helping my case in getting his attention, either.

I sighed. "Izuku?"

I only use his name when absolutely necessary because I know that he'll stop functioning, but hey, at least I'll have his attention.

"H-huh?" His face reddened as his head shot up from the book to look at me.

Called it.

I chuckled. "What are you doing here? Not that I'm complaining, though."

"Oh, right. Koda was wondering if you could stop the storm from happening outside; it's scarring his rabbit."

I froze up, feeling the storm seize for a slight second before raging on, once more. I had completely forgotten about Sir McHopps. My poor baby.

I shook my hand, trying to regain feeling. "Uh, can you tell him just a few more seconds?"

Midoryia cringed. "I don't know..."

"Hey, it's fine, okay. Tell him not to worry." I grinned through my pain. "Besides, no one's getting hurt and nothing's broke—"

The sound of a glass shattering cut me off. I pressed my lips together in panic as my eyes looked to the front.

"THE HELL!?" Bakugo's loud, obnoxious voice boomed through the dorms. "FUCKING CLOUD!"

I looked over at Mina—who had the same expression as me—before looking over at Midoryia who seemed as white as a ghost.

"Yeah, maybe, we should stop..." Mina mumbled as she gently closed the door, keeping Midoriya inside the room.

Loud footsteps echoed through the hall, followed by angry grumbling of a made-up language. My eyes returned back to their E/C colour and the white electricity that surrounded my body disappeared, causing the lightning and thunder outside to stop.

I walked over to my dresser. "And we should probably barricade the door, too."