𝗜𝗧'𝗦 𝗠𝗬 𝗙𝗔𝗨𝗟𝗧

I. Midoryia x Gender Neutral/Non-specified

Song
Darkside.grandson

WARNING:
Mentions of cursing, death and killing

Pls, read at your own risk

˜"*°•.•°*"˜

The rain was heavy against my skin, soaking through my clothes and drenching my hair, but I didn't care. I'd been out here for hours, sitting in front of this stupid rock with a name engraved into it. My back was leaning against the giant grey stone, my head tilted up to the sky as I allowed the raindrops to roll down my cheeks, blending in with the tears, washing them away. My throat was dry from all the screaming and I knew that I was a mess, but I deserved it. I deserved everything that was happening to me, right now.

It's my fault, after all...

They should be the ones standing here, breathing, living, not me. I put myself in danger. I was the one who insisted on facing this villain on my own without waiting for backup. They were trying to tell me otherwise, they were trying to warn me, but I didn't listen. I should've listened. This was their case, their mission. I wasn't even supposed to be here in the first place and the only reason why they brought me along was because I begged them to do it. I refused to leave them alone until they finally agreed.

A single tear rolled down my cheek, but, then again, I couldn't tell anymore if it was rain or tears; all that I knew was that I'm exhausted. A shuttered breath escaped my lips as I felt my eyes close, allowing sleep to overcome me, but I knew that I didn't deserve that. I didn't deserve a moment of peace, not when they were six feet under... well, what was left of their mutilated body, anyway.

I forced my eyes open before taking a deep breath as I allowed another broken sob to escape my lips. Funny, I thought I was done crying... guess old habits die hard.

"Deku?" A soft voice spoke in front of me, catching my attention.

The rain stopped hitting my body, but I could still hear it around me. My eyes slowly looked up, coming into contact with a pair of brown ones. I stayed silent, feeling annoyed by her presence. I just wanted to be alone... I thought I made that clear with the note that I left in the dorms. Ochako offered me a warm smile as she held out the umbrella she was holding, offering it to me.

"Here. I thought that you could use this, considering the weather." She joked, a giggle escaping her lips.

She—fucking—joked.

"Don't worry, though! I have an extra one in my bag here. See?" She showed me her bag, revealing the other black umbrella neatly tucked away, but I couldn't give a damn.

I couldn't be bothered to look at her. "Go away," I spat through my teeth, venom dripping from my tone. "Didn't you read the note I left in the dorms?"

The brown-haired girl in front of me flinched back, slightly. Her arm recoiled—the umbrella was still close enough to protect me from the rain—as she stared down at me, confused. I could feel it in her stare. I have never yelled at her before. I would always treat her with kindness and respect, no matter the situation.

"I did—" she smiled again, fueling my irritation towards her "—but I took it for a bluff. I know you, Deku, and I knew that you didn't want to actually be alone." A small sigh escaped her lips as her eyes travelled to the name on the tombstone. "Especially considering they were just buried—"

"Don't act like you care, now!" My voice echoed through the empty cemetery.

"What do you mean? I do care—"

"Just shut up!" My eyes glared into hers as I abruptly stood up, causing her to stumble away from me in fear. "Go back to the dorms..." I turned away from her, a soft breath escaping my lips as I tried calming myself down.

I listened to the sound of her footsteps, her shoes clicking against the pavement, blending in with the sound of the heavy rain. I could feel them on my skin again, the cold feeling returning and replacing the empty one I felt. I stared down at the rock, tears filling the brim of my eyes as I allowed myself to break down again. Tears poured down my cheeks, broken sobs escaping my throat as my knees buckled. I felt the ground hit my knees, a bruise most likely forming, my tears soaking the ground even more, but you wouldn't even notice because of the amount of rain happening.

I placed my hand on top of the giant grey stone, tracing my thumb over the carved name and reading it over and over again. Y/N L/N, I swear to you, I'm going to kill every last one of them.