𝗕𝗥𝗢𝗞𝗘𝗡 𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗠𝗜𝗦𝗘𝗦

T. Iida x Female Reader

Song
All of the Stars. Ed Sheeran

Warning
Mentions of swearing and death

Pls read at your own risk

˜"*°•.•°*"˜

My back was pressed against my mattress, my arm covering my eyes and my other arm holding onto my phone, dangling over my bed. It's been a week since I last heard from him and ten days since I've last seen him. I hate being the clingy girlfriend who needs reassurance every five seconds, but something about this had me concerned. He would always call me before he went to bed and again once he woke up and knew I was getting ready for school. He had my whole schedule memorized and worked around it so we would be able to talk while he was away with his family.

The first couple of days, I wasn't concerned at all; I figured he was just busy, but as the days flew by, I started to grow more and more worried.

I had already spoken to Aizawa about it, but he just brushed it off, brushed me off. His reaction only worsened my concern for my boyfriend. The trip was only supposed to last no more than three days... and he sent me his flight schedule, so why wasn't he here, yet? I knew that whatever was going on wasn't good. He would've called me by now, or at least have sent me a text telling me he wasn't in danger. The last time he had no contact with people he ended up trying to murder Stain, which backfired.

He needed me, he needed my help in getting him out of whatever situation he got himself into. All I needed to do was find him.

His phone had been turned off completely the day he was supposed to return home, which just so happened to be the same day I lost contact with him. I tried calling him, but every time the phone rang I was sent straight to his voicemail... the only good thing about that was that I was able to hear his voice again.

I hit the call button on my phone for what felt like the tenth time, today, hoping that, maybe, just maybe, this time he would answer, but alas, straight to voicemail, his voice filling the silence in my room. I sighed through my nose before flipping myself over, now laying on my stomach and my arms resting on my pillow. My phone was gripped between both my hands as I scrolled through mine and Iida's messages, trying to find a hint about his whereabouts or maybe what had happened to him.

A soft knock echoed through my room, gaining my attention. I pushed myself off of my bed and walked towards my door, a sudden wave of exhaustedness washing over me. I placed my hand on the doorknob before slowly opening the door, peeking my head out to see who it was.

A smile appeared on my face. "Oh, Kirishima—" I opened the door entirely "—and Bakugo?" I leaned up against the door frame, crossing my arms over my chest. "W-what are you guys doing here?" I asked, stuttering, slightly, before taking in their attire. "And what are you wearing?" A soft chuckle escaped my throat.

They were both in dress suits. Kirishima was wearing a pair of dark grey dress pants with a matching suit jacket that was unbuttoned, revealing a black dress suit with a dark crimson red tie and a pair of black dress shoes on his feet. Bakugo was wearing a pair of black dress pants with a dark crimson red tie, tucked away into his grey vest suit and a pair of brown dress shoes covered his feet.

Kirishima took a deep breath, a look of sadness and pity on his face. "Y/N, why aren't you ready for the funeral? Mina and Yayorozu picked out an outfit for you last night."

"What do you mean?" I chuckled, shaking my head, slightly.

Bakugo groaned before pushing past Kirishima, ignoring the red-haired boy's protests. "Oh for fuck sake." He shoved me to the side before picking up the dress that was neatly laid out on my vanity, a pair of matching shoes and jewelry for the outfit. He chucked the dress at me. "Put this shit on, we're going to the funeral whether you like it or not."

I folded the dress in my hands, confused about what was happening and what these boys were talking about. No one had died that I was aware of. All the teachers were still working, none of the pro heroes have died recently and last time I checked, there hasn't been any recent attack on any student in the school.

"What are you—?"

"Would you shut the hell up about that already?!" Bakugo yelled, causing me to flinch back. "You know damn well that he's dead!" The blonde started walking towards me. "We told you! Kirishima and I were the ones who told you that Tenya Iida and the rest of his family died in that plane crash a week ago!"

Kirishima stepped forward, putting a hand on Bakugo's shoulder, trying to calm him down. "Bakugo..."

"Get off me," Bakugo mumbled, flinching Kirishima off of him. "You're going to this funeral, you're coming to terms with this shit because I can't—" A quiet sob broke from his lips as his voice cracked. "We can't watch you do this to yourself anymore."

I shook my head, tears welling up in my eyes, blurring my vision. No, he couldn't be dead. He promised me he was going to come back in three days. He showed me his flight schedule and the plan he and his family had devised months before the small business trip. They had everything planned out to the smallest of detail. That plane wasn't supposed to crash while they were over the ocean... that storm wasn't supposed to appear on the radar... the engine wasn't supposed to be struck by lighting...

He wasn't supposed to die.

"He told me he was coming back in three days..." A sob escaped my lips, tears spilling down my cheeks. "He was supposed to come back!"

I felt my knees buckle under my weight as another sob left my lips, screams following shortly after. Bakugo quickly caught me before my knees hit the floor, preventing any injuries that it might have caused. He quickly wrapped his arms around me, pulling me close to him. Tears were now pouring down my cheeks like a waterfall. I knew that I was probably ruining his clothes, dampening the fabric.

"He promised me! I love him!" I rambled on, none of my sentences or words made sense anymore. "I love him..."

Bakugo stayed quiet. Instead, he gently placed one of his hands on the back of my head, forcing me to keep my head buried in his shoulder while the other was wrapped around my torso, keeping me close to him. My screams were being drowned out this way, my tears and snot were soaking his clothes. Bakugo made no signs of trying to push me away or of discomfort, so I just kept sobbing, allowing myself to feel everything that I buried deep down.

"Eijiro, go get the girls," Bakugo spoke softly, his hand running from the top of my head to the base of my neck when he felt my body start to shake. Kirishima nodded his head before leaving the room. "It's gonna get better... just—" he took a deep breath "—just let it all out."

He promised to come home to me.

˜"*°•.•°*"˜

I couldn't figure out the vibe I wanted for this one and I had to restart it at least three times lol
but I'm rlly happy with how this one turned out and lowkey might be one of my favourites so far lmao