𝗗𝗔𝗜𝗦𝗬

E. Kirishima x Male Reader

Song
Would That I. Hozier

Headcanon
Kiri being a huge dog person

˜"*°•.•°*"˜

"Babe, come on!" Eijiro whined, a giant grin on his face as he continued to drag me toward the animal shelter. "You promised!"

I did. I did promise. I had no idea how this giant, muscly man managed to convince me to say yes to this. He woke me up with breakfast in bed and morning cuddles, which wasn't our usual routine, but it happened enough times for me to not suspect a thing. Once I was wrapped around his finger, my guard completely down, this man pulled out a whole-ass slide presentation with pictures of dogs. Lots and lots of dogs.

There were over ninety slides with pictures of dog breeds and information regarding each breed; all of them containing a list of pros and cons concerning the breed. He didn't include every dog breed, of course, and most of the breeds that he showed me were mutts. I didn't know which was more impressive, the fact that he managed to gather all this information about all these dogs or that he managed to find free time to complete it, considering that both of us are full-time heroes who barely see each other.

Either way, I'm pretty sure that's why I sat through the whole thing without complaining once; I was proud of him.

After the whole presentation came to an end, Ei pulled me onto his lap, my legs straddling his hips and he started planting kisses all over my face. I knew this move all too well... he was going to ask me for something after and the odds of me denying said favour were slim because I love this man with all my heart. Then, he asked me if we could get a dog.

I said no, but he wasn't exactly one to give up, no matter the circumstance and that's what I love about him. Except in this situation. Weeks went by and he kept nagging me about the subject, constantly showing me pictures of different breeds and explaining to me how each dog would be perfect for our home. I would say no every time, staying strong, but, like all walls, eventually, they break and fall.

I promised him that we could get one dog with the exception that he would feed it and take it on his morning runs with him. Looking back at it now, I think I could've gotten something much bigger out of the deal, like a ring or something, but it was too late now. I was already standing two feet away from the entrance of our local animal shelter.

As soon as Ei pushed the doors open, sounding the bell and alerting the volunteering staff of the shelter the sound of dogs barking filled our ears. The dogs were kept in a different section from the main lobby with a door blocking our view of them. I'm amazed that we were capable of hearing them this loudly. I looked over at him and noticed a large grin on his face, completely unphased by all the noise happening around us.

"Hey!" Ei greeted them, cheerfully. "Me and my lovely boyfriend, here, were wondering if we could take home a dog, today."

The young teen looked at him, confused. "I'm sorry, he's just really excited, right now." I grabbed a hold of Ei's hand, attempting to calm him down, a little. "Can you just take us to the dogs?"

The teen nodded their head before leading us towards the door that led to the deafening sounds of barking. As they pushed open the door, I quickly covered my ears, trying to dim the sound that echoed around me, but it was becoming more and more difficult as we continued to walk deeper into the hallway. I thanked the teenager before grabbing my boyfriend's hand and starting to walk through the long hallway with him.

As we continued walking down the hallway, taking a good look at all the dogs—who were barking and climbing the fence, eager to gain our attention—something about them all seemed familiar to me... until it clicked. These were all the same dogs that Ei had shown me in his little presentation.

"You planned this whole thing, didn't you?" I crossed my arms, looking down at him.

He was crouching down in front of one of the dog's cages, sticking his finger through the small hole as he started rubbing one of the dog's ears, causing it to wag his tail, happily. "You know me all too well, babe." A large grin plastered on his face as he looked up at me. He stood up and wrapped an arm around me, pulling me in close before placing a kiss on my temple. "And that is one of the many reasons why I love you."

I shook my head, playfully, a smirk forming on my lips as I pushed myself away from him before continuing down the hallway, my eyes scanning every dog. My body came to a sudden stop when I noticed a dog sitting in the corner of its cage. I gently placed my hand on the cage, a small smile forming on my lips as I watched the dog slowly walk towards me, it's tail wagging. It didn't try jumping on the cage or barking, it just stared at me with its beautiful dark blue eyes.

I crouched down to its level, looking at the beautiful animal before looking back at Ei. "Ei, what about this one?"

The red-haired man walked towards me, a curious look on his face, but it was quickly replaced with a smile as he laid eyes on the dog I was looking at. The dog's tail started wagging a little faster as it started tapping its feet on the floor, causing a laugh to escape my throat. Ei stood back up and grabbed the plastic wrap paper with all of the dog's information that the shelter was capable of providing.

"Daisy?" Ei read her name out loud before flipping the page over. He whistled as his eyes went wide. "Yep, she's definitely a mutt. This girl's a mix of, like, three different dog breeds."

I watched as Daisy let out a deranged-sounding yawn. I looked up at my boyfriend. "I want her."

Ei shook his head, a chuckle escaping his lips as he scratched the back of his neck. "How can I say no to you?"

Once all the paperwork was filled out and we were deemed a good household for Daisy we grabbed the leash the the shelter had provided us and left the building. Daisy's tail hasn't stopped wagging since we stood in front of her cage. It was a long, annoying process that Ei mostly took care of because I was too busy babying our dog.

Ei clipped her leach onto her collar before he started to walk towards the exit, the dog happily trotting next to him. It brought a smile to my face as I watched the two. If you would've told me a couple of weeks ago that I would be so willing to let a dog into my home I would've laughed in your face, but this is my dog and even though I only met her thirty minutes ago, I would do anything for her.

As we reached the car, Ei decided to take the first watch of Daisy, putting her in the dog car seat we decided to buy before getting the dog, dumb decision at first, yes, but it worked out in the end. Ei made sure that she was all secured and comfy before scratching the back of her ear as he waited for me to get the car started and pull out of the parking lot.

The drive home was strangely quiet, causing a small sense of nervousness to settle in the pit of my stomach. I looked up at my mirror, taking a peek at what my boyfriend and dog were doing. My heart stopped when I noticed the sly grin on Ei's face as he looked back at me in the mirror.

His smirk slowly turned into a grin. "I want kids—"

"No!"

The man pouted. "Awe, come on, babe. Just hear me out!"

I paused, looking at the road ahead of me.

"Put a ring on it first and then we'll talk."

˜"*°•.•°*"˜

I just want to say that if you plan on bringing home any kind of pet make sure to do your research first and to make sure you check out your local shelter