Lost for words

I was speechless as I stared into his blazing blue eyes.

He said he wanted me.

"I want to hold you, I want to kiss you, I want to mark you as mine and make love to you, I want to be your mate", he whispered, his lips inches away. My chest contracted painfully as I listened to his words.

"then why have you said such rude things", I cried, breaking myself out of what could only be a fantasy.

He looked down, hurt slapped on his face. I felt bad, but couldn't find it in myself to pity him.

"I didn't mean it , I was scared", he defended weakly. I was astonished at his statement.

Sitting up, I crossed my arms over my ample chest. "you fooled me", I said annoyed. How dare he act as if words had no meaning. I saw his face, the look in his eyes as he called me disgusting, spitting hateful swears in my face. I knew he meant every syllable.

"listen, I won't lie I didn't want a murderer as a mate, not one with such a Pity history", he mumbled. As he said this his silk hand skimmed my bare neck, sending shivers of delight over me.

It was very hard to ignore and I found myself wanting to stay in his embrace though.

"so you believed them", I mumbled. He nodded and laid on his back, racking a hand through his dark hair.

He sighed and looked up at the ceiling. Me doing the same.

"I am sorry, but there is something you need to know", he said, closing his eyes. He looked beautiful , like a sleeping child.

"there is much I need to know", I stated dully. As if he believed it would be good news to share with me at this time.

"the day you passed out, well yesterday, Sam told me that he saw something in the woods. That's when the reports of a vampire turned up. I mean no harm when I say this, but we think he might be tied to you. ", he paused .

"I know", I said, looking at him through the corner of my eye.

"don't get mad, but for your safety , as my mate, you will be with me at all times at school, we can't have what Happened yesterday happen again", he said. Flashes of me behind dragged across the school grounds and toward the woods frightened me, making goosebumps frail up on my delicate skin.

Until his words registered I was speechless. "with you", i scoffed. "do you want people seeing you with the 'murderer'" I huffed, putting sarcasm in my words to hide the hurt I was feeling.

He shook his head and looked at me with a pleading stare.

"Samuel will accompany you in your classes I do not have, but you will be coming to stay in the pack house with me, it's not safe for you to stay on territory lines", he said.

"why not" I asked stubbornly, "you had no problem putting me there before". His eyes flashed with concern and before I knew it his hand cradled my cheek.

"I'm sorry", he whispered brokenly. Mg heart pounded rigorously.

That has been what I have been waiting to hear.

Now I just have one question.

Can I forgive ?

____

Sorry it's short gotta eat dinner.