Chapter three

When the bell rung I was already close to tears. I tried using my hair to hide my face but that didn't stop the insults from reaching my ears. They were all the usual, how I murdered my parents, my brother left, blah blah blah.

My heart stung painfully, as if I was stabbed repeatedly with a knife. When I went to stand up I was roughly pushed to the side causing my stomach to slam into the side of the desk. I winced, letting out a whimper.

I pulled my book bag on and exited the classroom. I wasn't looking forward to gym class, at all.

As I pushed open the gym doors , I clutched my side. My book bag fell weakly off my back and onto the floor with a dull thud.

"she looks so lifeless", a girl whispered. I turned my head her way and an immediate blush filled her face.  The coach, a burly old man in his late forties with a beer belly, spotted me and called me over.

"listen here new student, if you so much as make physical contact with any one of these students I will not hesitate to write you up", he threatened loudly so that the whole class heard.

I nodded my head and held back tears as he blew the whistle in my face.

"today we are training, so everyone get down on your back and do some sit ups", he yelled. My eyes widened and I crouched onto the floor, laying on my back.

"hey this position must be new for you", one of the guys called out and the whole class burst out laughing. My cheeks flamed.

A male voice rung out, a voice like honey filled the air, "I believe that's called having a bit of class Rick, you should try it."

The boy who made the comment turned a shade of red. Hah, take that Rick.

I looked up to see my rescuer. My breath caught in my throat at the sight of a charmingly handsome young boy with jet black hair. He smiled kindly and gave me a quick wink before sitting down next to me. His gorgeous blue eyes stared deeply into mine.

"Mind if I be your partner? ", he asked and I gave a curt nod.

"So tell me, is there a reason you are in pain", he asked as I began to do sit ups. I looked at him shocked.

"let me look", he said before reaching for my shirt, I shrieked and smacked his hand. He laughed and rested his arm on my knee. "geez I wasnt going to do anything to you", he defended and I blushed looking away.

"not that I wouldn't want to, I'm just not like that. Like Rick, you know", he said , pursing his lips in a sexy way. I nodded and remained looking away.

"you know, you have really pretty eyes, you should look at people more often", he said, smiling warmly at me when I turned my head in his direction.

"anyway, let me see this", he instructed and before I could object he pulled up my shirt , showing my stomach.

He sucked in a breath of air and I gasped when he pressed his warm fingers against my side, making me wince in pain.

"you can't be doing sit ups", he said frustratedly. His eyebrows creased together into a concerned look.

"is it that bad", I asked, worried by the panic in his voice. He stood up, offered me his hand and pulled me up.

"excuse me coach, she needs to be taken to the nurse", he announced while looking at me threw the corner of his eye.

The coach paused, the whole class looking at us . I quickly looked down, embarrassed.

There goes keeping a low profile.

" I'm sure you will understand", the guy said reassuringly. The coach just narrowed his eyes at me skeptically.

When he still said nothing the boys face turned angry.

"Well my god coach, if you need to see it then fine," he seethed, anger laced in his words as he tugged up my shirt showing my stomach. I looked down to see a huge bruise the size of a baseball on my side, a mixture of purple and blue.

"I don't know what the hell is wrong with you guys", he growled out and I was shocked by how angry he was getting.

He picked me up bridal style making me blush before just turning and leaving the gym. I looked up at him as he walked silently down the hallway, while I bounced in his arms.

It was kinda humorous to be honest, but he still looked irritated so I didn't say laugh.

His eyebrows were furrowed together and his face was a mask of annoyance.

"I'm sorry", I whispered. He paused, looking down at me, and his face relaxed into a concerned look. I blushed, not used to someone looking at me that way.

"For what? For the way they treat you, the way they judge without proof, for the life you have no choice but to live", he huffed.

"for making you carry me ", I said quietly, fiddling with my fingers.

Slowly, a small smile lifted his face.

"Of all the things," he shook his head, then laughed. I smiled lightly and laughed myself.

"It's alright, I'm a football player anyway", he said and I nodded.

"Is that why the coach let you go", I asked and he shook his head.

"Some what", he laughed .

Oh what a beautiful laugh that was too.