Chapter four

The rest of the day was the most awkward thing I have EVER experienced.

No one said a word to me, not even a whisper reached my ear. No one had dared to say anything after that mystery boy caused a scene in gym.

As I was passing by the girls bathroom I paused when two girls were chatting hurriedly. The splashing of water signaled them washing their hands as there words caused my heart to swell.

"...did you see who that was..", I noticed a girls voice from gym class. "yeah, that was the beta", another hissed and I halted to a stop.

"So, he's a beta," I whispered to myself. The girls came out the bathroom and I darted behind a trash can. I waited for them to pass before becoming visible again.

Being a human, and also being treated like a murderer for my whole childhood, has pretty
much prevented me from getting any valuable information on the werewolf community.

Besides what my grandparents have told
me, which is that "I must find a mate and prove myself to our community." Blah, blah, blah.

I kept walking, all the way to the library. It was my lunch break anyway and since I didn't want to be the center of gossip I had nothing better to do than do some research.

I slipped inside the door, closing it softly behind me, and made my way to the front desk .

An older lady frantically rustled through paperwork before successfully spilling a cup of pens off the side of the desk and onto the floor.

I bent down and helped her pick them up, stacking them into a neat little pile. She gazed at me expectantly as I returned her gaze with an awkward one. She continued to blink, before asking me what I had wanted.

"oh, uh computer please", I stammered.

"first name", she chirped, her eyes piercing daggers into the computer screen. I rubbed my arm awkwardly before answering, "Joscelyn." She clicked heavily away on her keyboard.

Her eyes shot up in surprise, meeting mine with a flicker of curiosity.

"So, you're the famous Joscelyn", she murmured, giving me a warm smile. I was startled by her friendly gaze and stood there , shifting from foot to foot.

She let out an amused humph and leaned over the desk toward me.

"let me give you a little hint sweet cheeks", she said , "don't act like it bothers you, it gives them an advantage".

I let her words soak in before smiling lightly at her. "got yah", I mused. She looked like she knew what she was talking about, whether it was from experience or just wit, I don't know. I just trusted her.

I grabbed a blue computer sheet before taking a chair at one of the computers in the back of the library.

I brought up google and quickly searched , 'werewolf clans: Oakland High'. Hoping to get as specific as possible.

Ironically, thousands of related fiction werewolve novels came up. But that was something humans just write about to fantasize about this life. If only they knew the struggle.

Humans didn't know much about werewolves, but since my family was half, I was one of the few who got the "glorious" chance to know plenty about them. Too much, if you ask me.

Finally I had found a site that listed the clans in the area. It listed the Alpha and Beta, custom tradition so that people know their leaders.

That's when it dawned on me. I didn't even know the boys name.

I let out a groan and collapsed my forehead against the desk. It's cool wood felt refreshing against my burning skin.

I glanced up, shocked to see a flashing blue box in the center of the screen. Curious, I clicked on it to follow the link. On the page there was a photo of what appeared to be an old document from some book.
I clicked on it and zoomed it to read the words.

"In the town of Oakland, there are two big packs, vampire and werewolf. In the werewolf there is An alpha , descending from a line of powerful ancestors, ______(his name is left out) . In the vampire kingdom there is a leader called Julius , they are sworn enemy's, battling for power for a long time .

They have something called a 'territory line' . 

I paused, glancing down from the screen, before my eyes widened at the realization that it was talking about the territory line that I live by.

Chills went down my spine thinking of the fact that we were up against not only rogue werewolves but a vampire clan as well. My grandparents and I haven't ever experienced an attack from a vampire, which would be a huge deal in the community.

Thank god we rarely have any attacks by rogues. Still, the thought of being so close to enemy territory made my skin crawl.

Yet again I found myself, knowing, how cruel and unfair my life was. Just because the clans thought I was a murderer, and a "potential threat", they put my life in danger.

I remembered my mother and fathers words.
"When it seems too hard, you haven't tried enough". I have lived by those words for a long time, keeping them in mind when I get harassed by others or scared. I just remember that it's gotta be for a reason, there's gotta be a reason I'm going through all of this.

Besides, nothing could be worse than what my parents went through.

Suddenly a noise came from behind me and I quickly exited out of the website. I whipped around to see that boy from earlier, the one who helped me and an automatic blush rose on my cheeks.

"hey, didn't mean to startle you, uh I just wanted to see if you were alright", he said, holding up his hands before taking a seat next to me.

"I don't even know you", I muttered , turning to face him in my chair.

"yes but it seems like I know you", he stated, a sexy grin on his childish face.

"your name", I asked and he smiled, "Samuel ". The name suited his boyish appearance.

"so..", he drawled out an I raised an eyebrow. Suddenly I felt a bad urge to ask him something.

"Samuel, what pack are you the Beta of?"

His eyes widened and I knew my heart sunk for a reason. There was a strong possibility that he was part of the pack that ruined my life, and blamed my parents death on me.

The Moon clan pack.
___________________________________________

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

PLEASE!!!!