|01|

Star-Crossed Lovers- A pair of lovers whose external forces forbids them from lasting

I laid on my bed listening as they continued to shout my name. "Kimia! Kimia! Kimia girl I know you hear me!"

Suddenly my bedroom door is being pushed open and I let out a dramatic fake cry. "I wanna take them all." I whine staring at my closet filled with shoes and bags.

"Com'on K you know you don't have enough room. We already sprung and got you a personal single dorm but the dorm rooms ain't that big." My dad says and I can tell any minute he'd give in.

"But-"

"But but nothing," my mom comes in saving him. "Just be excited okay? Today is moving day!" She shouts happily. Coming over she pulls me into a hug rocking the both of us side to side.

A huge smile covers my face and I try to pretend not to like it. "I just want all my bags. I need one to match every outfit." I complain.

"I need one to match every outfit," my dad mocks in a girlish tone. "She get that shit from you Cas."

I smile at the two of them as they bicker back and forth. Pulling out my phone another tabloid appears with the headline reading The David's Add On Daughter Caught With A Boy. Is This DC's New Son In Law?

A frown appears on my face and I mug the screen. Not only did they disrespect us and me by calling me a "add on" daughter, they also plastered pictures of me and Kyler all over the cover. I watch as my mom reaches over concern on her face as she holds her hand out. I place my phone in it watching as my dad leans over her shoulder peaking a glance and they both read it. "Man fuck them." He says anger in his tone.

My mom smacks her lips passing it back to me. "You ain't no add on. You're our daughter. Simple. Don't even let it get to you Kimia."

I tried not to let it bother me. I knew how lucky I was, being adopted as a newborn by one of the best NFL players and one of the most known female radio show hosts. And though they were busy they were never too busy for me. I came first. There was no business trips just for them. We did everything together. My dad away games? We went with him and got a hotel room. My moms radio shows with famous people? She'd let me sit in whenever I wanted. My parents loved me and not only that but they spoke love into me. I've been told by everybody I've crossed that I'm not only beautiful but I have a beautiful heart. That beautiful heart is what made the entire world find out I was adopted. My mom let a upcoming artist come in to have an over the radio questionnaire and freestyle. The woman spoke to me and asked me about my family and since I was only thirteen and thought she was being nice I explained how I was adopted but Cassia & DC are my real parents now because of it. An hour after she left it blew up everywhere and was all over social media. The entire world knew and it felt like they made it their priority to remind us about it.

Up until then nobody knew that they weren't my blood parents. I spent so much time around them it was like I started looking like them. Wasn't till now that I grew into my actual looks and started lookin slightly but noticeably different. My dad a light skinned complexion with freckles and hair as short as waves but having a small curl pattern to it. My mom is a brown chocolate complexion with her jet black hair that hangs down her back naturally with a fit but thick body build. At a young age I favored the two but the older I got the more my features started to be very noticeable to my actual mom. Since both of my parents hated lying they were always honest with me. They both showed me what my blood parents looked like. My mom was fully Native American while my dad was fully black.