Chapter 31

A day had passed and the girls all decided to hang out at Cassie's. I was eager to go so I could confront Cassie face to face for telling her mom I was pregnant. There's no telling who else she's told. She was the last person I would have expected to spill such a big secret.

I rang the doorbell as Suze opened the front door .

"Hi miss Y/N! I heard the news . How are you ?"

"Greaaattt. I'm doing fine. Um where's the girls? They are upstairs."

I nod my head as I'm just about to head upstairs, Rue runs in behind me.

"Oh hey Rue!"

"Heyyy. Hey Y/N, hey Mrs. Howard. Um can I use your restroom?"

Rue was high as fuck. She looked a mess. She looked like she been rolling around in mud. She had twigs in her hair and dirt smudges on her face.

Mrs. Howard continues to ask Rue millions of questions as the girls all come down and greet us.

"I'm just gonna go up and use the restroom." Rue says as she heads towards the restroom.

Suddenly the front door opens and it's Rues mom.

"Aw fuck." Rue says as she sits on the stairs waiting to retrieve her lecture.

"This can't make you feel good ,living like this , lying to the people you love, being mean to the people you love .This can't make you feel good about yourself ."

"I don't care, just fucking leave me alone please."

"Look I know you're in pain ."

"No you have no fucking idea mom."

"Let's just get back in the car and let me take you to the hospital."

" I can't get clean I can't do that shit forever." Rue says as she groans.

"You don't have to, take it one day at a time." Cass says as she nods her heading hoping for everyone to agree with her.

"Hey Cass?"

"Yeah?"

"I have a quick question for you."

"What?"

"How long have you been fucking Nate Jacobs?"

My ass sank to my stomach. This couldn't be happening .

Cassie begins to nervously chuckle. Which gave it away.

"Ah uh ha ha, wha—what are you talking abo—about?"

"How long have you been fucking Nate?" Rue ask again.

The rest of the girls and I exchange looks of shock.

"I'm not, ha, I'm not!"

"What are you talking about?" I ask with my eyebrows raised .

"Oh I just saw Cass getting into his truck one day after school and kiss him and drive off , what that was like uh, a couple months ago?"

"Uh—uh." Cassie studders as she looks at me.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I question .

"Cass thats like, really bad ." Kat says.

"You're fucking Nate? Are you kidding me?"

At this point Cassie looks like she's about to vomit all over the place.

"Uh—uh no, I don't even know why she would say that!"

"You're lying!" I spat back.

"Yeah Ummmm could we just table this conversation?" Suze says pointing to the dining room.

"Uh no ! You expect me to stand here with my bestfriend who's secretly been fucking my ex boyfriend? I'm literally gonna get violent !" I respond as I step to Cassie face.

"There is no need to get violent because we are having an intervention!" Suze yells.

Cassie begins shedding tears which I had no sympathy for.

"Oh your crying ? Your fucking crying? You fucking bitch you're the one who's hurt? You're the most self centered idiotic person I've ever fucking met! You fuck my ex boyfriend and you're fucking crying !?" I spat.

"I don't even know why you're believing her she's a drug addict!" Cass pleads.

"How long have you been fucking him Cass be honest!" I said while pointing in her face. I was full of rage and nothing was going to stop me from fucking this bitch up.

Cassie sputters her words.

"Rue? When was this?!"

"A few days after he got his ass beat by Fez."

"Ohh you dumb fucking bitch I'm gonna fuck you up!" I yell as I chase Cassie up the stairs .

Rue makes a run for the front door as I'm still chasing Cassie to her bedroom. She makes it to her bathroom and locks the door before I got the chance to wrap my hands around her neck. I begin banging on the door like a maniac .

"Cassie open the fucking door! Open the door! How could you do this to me?! I thought you were my best friend! This whole time you've been acting weird was because you've been fucking my ex?! I'm gonna fuck you up!"

Kat grabs me pullin me from the door as I yank on the door knob. Everything made so much since now. The red lipstick and hickies was from her. Her acting weird all this time. Him not being certain with me. The way she reacted when Nate got his ass beat. Both of them not answering their phone calls from me. How could I be so stupid.

I cried as I approached the door one last time.

"I'd never do this to you ever. EVER. I'm so tired of being hurt ."

Kat pulls me from the door and eventually we make our way down the stairs . The girls are all sitting their still in shock. I felt so stupid . I was embarrassed. How could she? My best fucking friend since we were in diapers. How could she do this to me?