Chapter 24

Dragging myself out of bed, I throw on anything and everything from head to toe. I did my hair in a half up, half down style and did my eye makeup two different colors. While I was getting ready I couldn't help but to think about what my dream was trying to tell me. I know I shouldn't care, but for me to dream about it, that must mean something .

The school day went by pretty quickly and once again Cass was nowhere to be found during lunch. The girls and I figured she'd be in the bathroom so we headed in that direction. We open the door and sure enough, Cass was in the mirror fixing her hair and makeup that was smudged. She had definitely just got her some play.

"Hey Cass." Rue says as she hops on the bathroom counter.

"Hey Rue Rue."

It was an awkward silence as we all watched Cass. She looked frantic. The silence was quickly broken as Maddie and a couple of other cheerleaders busted into the bathroom.

"Cass why do you look like a country music star?" Maddie blurts out causing her posse to giggle.

"In a good way or a bad way?!" Cassie snaps.

"Bitch you better be joking! I know it's Tacky Tuesday but nothing beats your outfit, not even
Y/N's outfit."

I roll my eyes as I join Jules and Rue on the sink counter. Tears began to fill Cassies eyes as she sprints out of the restroom leaving the room quite.
Maddy gives me a look like she knew something but I honestly paid her no mind .

The rest of the day, Cass hadn't said not one word to me , even in gym class.

"Is everything okay Cass?"

"Everything's fine Y/N." She snapped at me.

"Well okay. I don't know why you're snapping at me like I said something. I know Maddy can be a bitch but—."

"If you were my friend you would have defended me Y/N!"

"You're right. And I'm sorry."

Cassie let out a breath of frustration.

"It's okay." She replies .

I get up to give her a hug, which didn't feel like a real hug. I give her a smile and she gives me the fakest smile back. I knew Cass. She wasn't being herself. Maybe she was having family issues but I didn't want to ask until she was ready to tell me herself .

The next few days go by quickly, consisting of Walt Disney Wednesday, more study sessions with Nate , ew, and Throwback Thursday. Every time I went over to Nate's it was the same outcome. Me doing all the work as he texted on his phone . At this point I didn't mind doing all of the work. I knew if I did it it would get done the right way.

Finally Friday had come around and the big homecoming game was tonight. I made sure I was dressed in my school's colors, I made sure my eye shadow was as sparkly as ever. The girls, except Cassie ,and I decided to pregame a little before heading to the stadium in my car. We were parked in the parking lot of the school and as we joked around we could see how the stands were beginning to grow with people. We got out and headed to grab our tickets so we could get a good seat.

Once we made it to the stands, I looked around the crowd and spotted Cass with a few people I've never seen her hang out with before which made me upset. Was she growing out of our friendship? I take my focus off of her and look onto the field we're I see Nate huddled up with his team.

Nate was only playing because of me. Earlier today when we turned in our assignment and presented our presentation to the class and Mr. Malcolm, we got a 96. I never got a thank you but what did I expect.