Chapter 25

"Yeah you should have seen the look on Maddy's face when they called your name!" Rue says as she pushes her hair out of her face.

It was an hour after the embarrassing fiasco and we were at Mkay's spot. The house was filled with people from school. Alcohol and weed filled the air as we chatted and danced. I was pretty waisted but I was still alert of my surroundings. The girls and I chatted with a few guys as one of them pulls me into his lap. I didn't mind , he was pretty cute . He rubbed my thigh which felt amazing considering it had been a minute since I had been touched. Nate had completely traumatized me from relationships but I was willing to kick it with this dude. Not only was he attractive but his personality was what I liked the most about him.

We vibed for about an hour before the front door opens and I see Nate walk in. He looks around before making direct eye contact with me before heading straight for the kitchen. I already know what he was going for. Alcohol. As he made his way through the crowd I tried not to pay him any attention but everyone in the room began greeting him and dapping him up, congratulating him on the big win and getting home coming king.

"Hey man looks like your queen found herself another king ." One of Nate's friends says as he nods in my direction. I turn the other cheek and go back to giving this stranger my full attention.

"So what's your name again? Sorry I'm a little drunk." I say as I push his hair out of his face.

"Bryson." He replies as he gives me the biggest smile showing off his pearly white.

"I remember you're name, hopefully you won't forget mine anymore." He says while pulling my body into his even more .

I begin to blush but that ends shortly as Nate and his friends begin laughing loudly in the kitchen before heading outside near the pool. He wanted my attention so bad.

"Hey has anyone seen Cass? I thought she was coming. She's not answering my messages." Mkay comes over with a bottle of patron.

We all shake our head saying no. It was weird not having Cassie around at times like this. She was known for being a party girl.

"Hey I gotta use the bathroom really quick." I tell my people and Bryson as I hop off his lap and head to the restroom.

I try to twist the knob but the door was locked. I knock a few times before a familiar voice is heard from the other side .

"Just a second !"

"Nate? Open the door I really have to piss!"

"I said wait Y/N!"

"Oh my god are you taking a shit? Who takes a shit at a party? You're literally disgusting."

"Not now Y/N!"

I stop turning  the knob as I put my ear to the door, I felt as if I heard a second voice coming from the inside.

"Nate open the door."

"Everything alright?" Bryson says as we walks up to me, placing his hand on my lower back.

"Yeah I'm fine, just waiting to use the bathroom."

"I'll wait for you."

A few door pounds later Nate finally opens the door and brushes past me. I roll my eyes as I enter the bathroom. As I'm doing my business I notice there isn't any toilet paper. Great. I waddle over with my panties around my ankles and grab a small hand towel I see hanging on the wall. I wipe myself clean and to get rid of the evidence I throw the towel over into the shower. As I'm washing my hands I hear a knock on the door and it's Bryson.

Peeping down the hall, I get a glimpse of Nate watching me from the kitchen counter with a solo cup in his hand. For some reason that gave me the courage to grab Bryson by the collar of his jacket, drag him into the bathroom with me and lock the door.

I hop onto the counter as he wraps his arms around my waist while placing tiny kisses on my forehead. Even though I didn't know much about Bryson , I liked the comfort that came with him. We chatted it up for a few more minutes before he leads me back into the living room.

Once we are back in our original position we pop more bottles and more drinks begin to flow. Suddenly Cassie comes around the corner looking flushed as ever .

"Cass where the fuck have you been? We've been looking everywhere for you!"Lexi says as she throws her arms around Cassies neck pulling her in for a hug.

"Let's go take shots!" Lexi says but is stopped as Mkay ask Cassie to speak with him in his bedroom.

She nods her head and follows him upstairs into his room. I'm not sure what happened with that conversation but once Mkay came back down, he looked mad as hell. I peeped Nate was saying something in Mkay's ear, he had definitely had too much to drink.

As time went on, Bryson and I hit it off great. I could tell he wasn't interested in my looks or my body, but he was interested in me . He asked me about my aspirations, my goals and dreams, my plans for college, and more . It finally felt like someone cared.

"I know you don't really know me like that, but I feel like I've known you my entire life Y/N. I don't know I just like you. Your beautiful, you're driven, you're smart. You have a good head on your shoulders."

I didn't know what to say , no one has ever made me feel so special. As Bryson and I leaned in to lay our lips upon on another, a fight broke out between Fezco and Nate. Nate had said something to Fez that ticked him off and the next thing I know a bottle was broken upside Nate's head and he was on the floor getting his face pounded in.

Screams filled the air as a couple of guys including Mkay attempted to break up the fight which only made Fez more angry

Screams filled the air as a couple of guys including Mkay attempted to break up the fight which only made Fez more angry. Eventually they were able to pry him off of Nate, leaving him bleeding and unconscious.

People began to scatter along with Fezco as they new the police would probably be here in no time. I jump from Bryson's lap over to Nate along with Cassie and Mkay as we rush to his aid .

"Someone call an ambulance!" Cassie screams as tears rolled down her face. Everything was moving in slow motion. Why was she so broken over the fact that Nate just got his face broken into ?

"No we have to get him to the hospital! Help me carry him!"

We all struggle with carrying Nate's large body to the car, making sure we don't bang his head on anything. I hop in the front seat as Cass climbs in the back with Nate, as she holds his bloody head in her arms . Tears streamed from her face as we rushed to the hospital. I watched her from the rear view mirror. I still didn't understand why she was so hurt. I didn't question it because I knew Cass had a soft heart for anything with a heartbeat of its own.

We make it to the hospital after speeding down the highway. A couple of paramedics place him on a gurney as they wheel him to the emergency room. We all try to keep up with them. As much as I hated Nate I couldn't stand seeing him this way. But strangely enough I didn't shed a tear . Maybe a part  of me felt like he was asking for this.