Chapter 1

" you're late for school , Y/N!" My mom screams from the bottom of the stair case as I apply my last coat of mascara.

I ignore her while taking one good look at myself in the mirror. Damn I look good. I throw on my brown jacket over my little brown tank top (picture above ) and run to my room to take one last mirror selfie.

"Y/N!" My mom yells once again.

"I'm coming momma!" I reply.

I grab my backpack and head down the stairs as my mom taps her wrist as if she's wearing a watch.

"How are you late on your first day of school Y/N?"

"Well you know I had to look cute for my first day back mom, it's senior year ."

"I know sweetie but remember what we talked about, look cute all you want but this year you need to buckle down and stay focused and —."

I quickly cut her off. "Yes ma I know, I know . So I can get into Yale. You have nothing to worry about I promise !" I reassure her as I wrap my arms around her before jolting out the door.

My mom and I have a pretty stable relationship. Ever since my dad died from a motor cycle crash she's been all I've really had , besides my best friend Cassie. I can't wait to see her . I jump into my car and head on my way to school. On the way there I get stuck in traffic. Great. I swear it felt like I was sitting for atleast 10 minutes before I could finally go.

As I'm pressing on the gas, out of nowhere a huge Ram truck bolts in-front of my car cutting me off. I honk my horn vigorously in rage. My road rage is horrible but who the fuck does this guy think he is?

"Hey watch it you ass whipe !" I yell out the window while throwing up a middle finger.

I quickly sped off , five minutes later finally making it into the school parking lot. I look at the school building imagining what this year would be like. I'm hoping to make the best of it, we will just have to wait and see.