Chapter 22

The week had come , finally. Our schools homecoming , and oddly enough I was excited . The girls and I all decided to participate every day this week with the costume themes. Today was Marvel Monday and I decided to dress up as spider girl. Once I arrived to school, it felt like I was in a comic book. Everyone was dressed in different marvel characters, even the teachers .

"Hey Cass!" I say as I approach her at her locker. She was dressed as superwoman with a jet black wig, bright red lipstick, and of course her tits looked like they were about to spring out at me at any given moment.

"Oh hey Y/N." Cassie replies as if she'd seen a ghost.

"I haven't heard from you in a few days, is everything alright?"

"Oh, uh, yeah everything's fine, I um gotta get to class, you know I don't like being late!" Cassie says as she slams her locker shut, quickly shuffling away .

I looked at my watch and realized class doesn't start until another fifteen minutes. Weird . I shrug the awkward interaction off as I begin heading to class . With every step I take I see Nate getting closer to me, we haven't talked in weeks and I didn't want to. He wasn't even dressed up for homecoming . He had on a basic flannel and a tshirts with jeans and his white converse. Everyone knew we had broken up so he had girls at his beckon call. It no longer phased me as I had finally accepted the fact that Nate and I are DONE.
I walk right past him as I feel his eyes move in my direction.

I take my seat in class and shortly after we begin our lesson for the day. Nate comes in late with red lipstick smudges and hickies covering his neck . I chuckle to myself as he walks through the isle of desk.

"You're late again Mr. Jacobs." Mr. Malcolm says as she hands him a tardy slip.

The class begins to get rowdy as the teacher tries to settle then down.

"Looks like someone was busy getting it in this morning." One of his teammates says while dapping him up.

Nate laughed loud enough just so I could hear. He wanted a reaction from me but he wasn't getting it. At this point I was disgusted by him. He couldn't wait until after school to fuck on some skank?

"Today class we will be working in groups. I have assigned you all a partner , so don't even ask to make adjustments."

Mr. Malcolm began throwing out the partners and the assignments and as he got further and further down the list , I prayed that I didn't get paired with Nate .

"Mr. Jacobs and Y/N , you will be partners."

Spoke to fucking soon.

"Um excuse me , Mr. Malcom, I can't work with him." I blurt out causing even more commotion throughout the class .

"Sorry Ms. Y/N, I put a lot of hard work and thought into these partnerships. I will not be making any changes."

I sink into my seat as I repeatedly tap my pencil on my desk.

"Alright class go ahead and form your groups and get to work! Your assignment will be due by this Friday and your grade will go towards your final multiple."

It all made since now, knowing I have the highest grade in the class, Mr. Malcolm paired me with Nate to make sure he'd get a good grade on the assignment or else he would fail the class more than he already is, causing him to have to sit out on Friday's homecoming game. They needed him in order to win.
Just as I begin to hop out of my seat to beg Mr. Malcolm to switch me, Nate cuts me off by dragging his chair in front of me.

"Where you goin?"

"To switch partners. I can't work with you."

"Look I know we left off on the wrong foot but let's just put that behind us so we can pass this class."

"Trust me, you need this grade more than I do Nate. I could wipe my ass with this assignment and still pass this class with an "A".

Nate hated when anyone made him feel stupid . He wasn't book smart . He needed me, maybe I could have fun with this.

"Alright fine. But I'm not going to be the only one putting in the work. It needs to be 50/50."

"Gotcha." Nate replies while giving me this stupid grin. I wanted to smack it off his face.

We get to work on the assignment and by we I mean me. Nate had the attention span of a goldfish especially when it came to being surrounded by his peers. They were all just joking and cutting up while me and a few other people in their own groups did all the work. I threw my pencil down as the bell finally rang. I began packing up my things as Nate hits me with "sooo are we finishing this at my place or your place ?"

"Quit frankly I don't give a fuck." I spat at him.

"Yeah I gathered that. So my place it is. See you at 7." He says as he leaves and his little posse follows after him.

The rest of the day went by quickly. At lunch all of the girls were there except Cass which was not like her . Once we got to gym I finally asked her where she was.

"Oh I was um, skipping ."

"Oh who'd you skip with?"

"What? No one. Myself." Cassie responds quickly and franticly.

Something was up with her but I didn't know what.

"Um alright. But get this. You know how Nate and I broke up? Well we are paired together for this stupid ass assignment and now he wants me to come over to his place tonight to work on it! He probably just wants to fuck!" I say as I slam the gym locker shut.

Cassie doesn't say anything for a few seconds.

"Look Y/N I told you this before you guys aren't good for each other. You might as well just get over him!" Cassie blurts out.

I'd never seen Cassie act so strange so I just let the conversation go. After we finish with gym the final bell rang to let us go and I wasn't looking forward to having to see Nate , let alone go over to his house.