Chapter 17

The next few days of school went by pretty quickly , I just avoided any kind of confrontation possible. And with Nate by my side no one would even try to say anything out of the way to me. That is the good part about being with Nate, he's like my protector, no one fucks with me as long as he's around . He holds that much power over the other students.

"I left you a surprise in your phone ." Nate says as we walk to his truck. The last few days Nate has been taking me to and from school.

"It better not be a dick pic." I say jokingly .

"It's not." He chuckles .

I open the passenger side door to a bouquet of flowers and a card that has hearts all over the cover . I gushed at the sight, no one has ever done anything like this for me.

"Now open your phone ."

I do as he says and the first thing I noticed was he set a selfie of himself as my Lock Screen. I smile and before I could say anything he shows me his Lock Screen, it was a picture of me. I began to blush. Lately Nate had been doing the simplest things that meant more than he could ever know.It's like he was changing right before my very eyes and I loved it. I didn't force him to change , he did this all himself which I appreciated.

"I love you." Nate says as he holds my hand with one hand while starting the truck with the other.

"I love you too."

"Don't say "too" it sounds like you're agreeing with me."

I grin and reply , " I love you."

We head towards his house. The Jacobs had invited me over for dinner and I was actually looking forward to it. I've never officially met Nate's parents, Nate and I are usually always sneaking around . Plus I wanted to know if the Jacobs are as bad as people make them seem .

I made sure I wore a cute outfit and looked nice and clean so I could make a good first impression. I was kinda nervous but Nate constantly reassured me that I had nothing to worry about and that his parents would love me .
We finally made it to his house and before going in I took a long deep breath. Nate stared me down with a smirk on his face .

"What?" I asked .

"You just look really beautiful."

I grinned from ear to ear as we hopped out of the car and headed inside.

"Mom, dad! I'm home! Y/N is with me!" Nate yells.

His parents come from around the corner and greet me with open arms. At least Marsh does anyway.

"I've heard so much about you! You're even more beautiful than what Nate described you." Mrs. Jacobs says pulling me in for a hug.

"Thank you Mrs. Jacobs."

"Please , call me Marsh." She replies as she exchanges looks between Nate and I.

It's finally nice to meet you Y/N, you're welcome over anytime. Make yourself at home.I'm Cal by the way."

Nate's dad shakes my hand and for some reason I immediately got a weird vibe from him. It didn't help that Nate looked at him with disgust. I brushed it off quickly .

"Dinner will be ready soon kids ." Marsh says as she heads back into the kitchen .

"I'm gonna show Y/N around the house ." Nate says while grabbing my hand leading me through the house as if it was my first time there.

Although I've never seen the entire house , it was beautiful, the decor was very modern with a sprinkle of chic.  Eventually Nate and I got to his bedroom and he softly closes and locks the door behind us.

"I'm gonna show her around." I mocked Nate as he grabbed me by the waist swaying me back and forth.

"I know you've been in here before I just wanted to be alone with you for a few minutes."  Nate says in my ear.

"I lay my head on his chest as we stood in silence for a few seconds before asking , "do you think I made a good impression?"

"Babe we haven't even eaten dinner yet. But trust me they are gonna love you, you just got a free invite whenever you feel like it. That says a lot. You have nothing to worry about ."

"I hope so, and so you've been talking to them about me?"

"Yeah, just a little."

My heart was doing actual cartwheels. It felt good to know that Nate talked about me when I wasn't in the room.
I grab Nate by his face bringing him into a heartfelt kiss . The more we locked lips the more passionate it became. Without breaking the kiss, Nate and I fall into the bed.

" we can't do this right now Nate."

"But I want you so bad." He replies kissing me more. Our tongues begin to tussle with one another .This goes on for a few more minutes before Marsh calls out from down stairs.

"Dinners ready!"

Nate and I break our kiss and we chuckle and head down stairs . My face was flushed I could feel it.Nate pulls out my chair like a gentleman and before he sits next to me, my eyes widen at the site of the bulge from his pants . While his parents set the table, I quickly pulled him down into his seat and pointed at his erection . Nate quickly covers himself , him too now flushed in the face.

I let out a slight laugh as Marsh and Cal sat down.

"Everything alright?"  Marsh says with a concerned look on her face.

"Yes ma'am , everything is fine." I reply putting my hair behind my ear. I do that whenever I'm in an awkward situation.

We say our grace and begin eating the dinner. We conversed about school, grades, and college.

"Where are you thinking about going to school ?" Cal ask while stuffing his face with mashed potatoes.

"My mother wants me to go to Yale , so that's the plan. She graduated with her masters degree."

"What's her name again? Cal asked ."

"My moms name is Allison , Allison ____."

As soon as I said that, Cal began to choke I kid you not. He looked like a deer in a head light.

"Excuse me, I'll be right back." Cal responds while exiting the dinning room.

Nate and I looked at each other with confusion. That didn't seem good. The rest of the dinner was pretty quiet , as a matter of fact , Cal never came back to the table. Once we finished Nate and I helped clean up the kitchen then he took me home .

"What was that about ?" I asked Nate over our face time call.

"I have no clue." He replies as he runs his forehead while laying down.

I wanted to ask my mom myself what she new of Cal, and what would make him react the way he did. But apart of me didn't think I really wanted to know.