Chapter 18

Summary:

You remember the tragic fate of Beth Greene, as a similar fate seems to be lurking over her sister.

Notes:

WOW!
I've got a big chapter for y'all. There are some changes to the story which go away from the television show, but I needed a strong change in pacing and I am honestly proud of what I created. As always constructive criticism/comments/feedback is always appreciated... Just don't be an asshole. Also, the song lyrics at the beginning of each chapter really capture the tone of the chapters. This one was a very emotional chapter, and I decided that the best fit for the ending of this would be a song from Hamilton. Enjoy.
Love you all!

Chapter Text

There are moments that the words don't reach
There's a grace too powerful to name
We push away what we can never understand
We push away the unimaginable

Forgiveness, can you imagine?

- It's Quiet Uptown

Hamilton 

As you walked out of the church you grabbed a half empty bottle of wine. You walked around the exterior of the church, heading toward the road. You took a long gulp from the bottle and emptied it as you walked. You tossed it to the ground, and came across a silver car. You sat on the hood and took out the pack of camels. You placed a cigarette between your lips, and went for your lighter. You flicked it, but it was out of juice. 

“Shit…” You mumbled.

“Need something?” A voice startled you. 

You jumped, and grabbed your knife out of your belt before you saw that it was Daryl standing in the woods with his crossbow. You let out a small laugh, putting your knife back in its sheath.

“You scared the shit outta me.” You sighed, you put out your hand and he gave you his lighter. You flicked it open, and watched the flame come from it and onto your cigarette. Daryl sat on the hood next to you, and placed his own cigarette between his lips, you handed back the lighter, and gazed at the stars in the night sky.

“I’m not pregnant.” You told him, exhaling a puff of smoke. Daryl nodded, and took an inhale. 

“What do you think about DC? Does it seem legit to you?” You asked. 

“Yeah… It does.” He answered. You smiled at him, and took another hit from your cigarette. 

“You ok?” He asked you. 

You looked at him, hesitant for a moment, then nodded. You weren’t sure if you were actually okay. But it wasn’t like he could fix anything. Plus, you would get better sooner or later. You hesitated for a moment, before placing your head on his shoulder. It felt good, comforting to have him there. Your friend. And for a moment you relaxed in total peace. Then, you heard a strange noise coming from the road. A car pulling up. Daryl hopped off the hood, and ran after the car as you ducked down. 

“Kick out the taillights!” He yelled. 

You didn’t know what was going on, but you listened to him. You ran to the back of the car, and busted out the taillights with your boot. As you did that, he ran to the front of the car and began to search for the keys. He pulled them out of the passenger side mirror, and turned the car on. You hopped in the seat, and looked at him.

“Whats going on?” You asked him. He put the car in drive, and began to speed away.

“They’ve got Beth.” He answered.