Chapter 12

Summary:

You try to cope with the recent news of your pregnancy, but as Negan invades Alexandria you must choose between your old family, and your new one.

Notes:

Hey guys! Happy Friday, I hope you enjoy this chapter. Even though this book is meant to be from your perspective I am giving your character a little bit of a backstory and personality. She needs to have a clear backstory so we can understand exactly why she is the way she is. I hope you all enjoy this chapter, it was a hard one to write haha. As always please leave a comment if you liked the chapter and tell me any suggestions you may have.

Chapter Text

"When my time comes around
Lay me gently in the cold dark earth
No grave can hold my body down
I'll crawl home to her" -

Work Song - Hozier

Dr Carson had told you that from his estimates you were around ten weeks pregnant. If he was right, it had to be Negans. You had a small bump, but it was clear that you were pregnant if you wore tight clothes. You were thin. You had been thin since the world went to shit, you never were eating quite enough. Dr. Carson was very good about telling you things about pregnancy, dieting, exercise. You didn’t have too many hormonal changes. Not now at least. He had an old ultrasound machine up and working, and you were currently getting ready for your first visit. You were terrified. Having a baby now was no joke, and you were scared of the fact that you had been smoking and drinking before you knew you were pregnant. You even tried to kill yourself with the baby inside of you. You had expressed your anxiety to Negan, who would simply kiss you, or squeeze your hand and tell you it would all be okay. You were now walking down the stairs, hand in hand to the doctors office. 

You laid on the examination table and pulled up your shirt. Your jeans were unbuttoned so that Dr. Carson could easily access your stomach. Negan sat to the left beside you in a chair. His hands were folded together like he was praying, with his chin resting on his fingertips. Dr Carson finished setting up the machine, moving the screen so that both you and Negan could get a clear look at it. He got out a bottle of gel. He squeezed some on your exposed belly and you jumped at the temperature.

“Sorry, it’s a little cold.” Carson smiled.

Without even thinking about it, you brought out your left hand for Negan to hold. He accepted it, and squeezed it reassuringly. Dr Carson brought out the wand, and firmly pressed it against your belly. 

“Alright… Let's see what we’ve got.” Carson said.  You watched for a moment as he moved it around, and then stared at the screen. You gasped, looking at the small bean like shape that was moving around inside of you. 

“That's your baby.” Carson smiled, tears fell down your eyes as you watched the little blob move around.
“That's one of its little hands.” Carson said, pointing at a shape.

“And that is its feet…”

He stopped talking as through the machine there was a soft and rhythmic thumping sound. You looked towards Negan, and studied his stunned and delighted face.

“Holy shit…” He whispered.

“That's baby's heartbeat. It's perfect.” Carson reassuringly placed his hand on your shoulder. You wiped your eyes with your right hand, continuing to listen to the thumping noise. You wished you could hear it forever. Carson hit a button, and then removed the wand from your stomach.