Chapter 14

Summary:

As you wait for Negans arrival at the cabin, you remember the events that lead to the fall of the prison.

Notes:

Hello!
This entire chapter is one giant flashback, basically recounting the months in-between Welcome To The Tombs to 30 Days Without An Accident, plus what comes after with the flu. I personally didn't want to add too much into the flu storyline because honestly I want this fiction to help us escape from the current world and that storyline is a little too relevant at the moment. Either way, I hope you enjoy this chapter. We are closing in on the ending. And with Here's Negan about to air I can't wait to see what they add to his character! Also I just wanted to add that I did give your character a little more of a backstory to help develop the plot. Do with that what you want, you can choose to ignore it but some of it will be important in the later chapters. I can't wait for you guys to see what comes next! I have been working my ass off on these next few chapters so I really hope you enjoy! As always please let me know what you think in the comment section below.
♡(* ^)(^ *)♡

Chapter Text

I wish somebody would have told me babe
Some day, these will be the good old days
All the love you won't forget
And all these reckless nights you won't regret
Someday soon, your whole life's gonna change
You'll miss the magic of these good old days  -

Good Old Days by Macklemore

       You laid down on your bed in the cabin, you were bored. Carson was outside looking for food, although you had plenty of supplies in the cabin he wanted to make sure you had enough - just in case he said. You rubbed your stomach and watched the trees blowing through the wind outside of your window. What got you here? How did you end up in this mess? You craved the simpler times, the proverbial salad days… The Prison. That was when you felt the safest. Those little months in between Woodbury and Terminus. Times like when…

       Rick Grimes walked towards Daryl early in the morning with self assurance. Now that he knew you loved him, things were more easy to navigate. He was glad that you said it first. He had felt it in his gut, but he didn’t want to always be the first to confess love to another person. As things were a bit shaky between you and Daryl, Rick couldn’t help but feel responsible. He could always tell that you and Daryl had some sort of a connection. And he had guessed that you and he were in a relationship. He thought that maybe he should have gone up to Daryl first before making a move with you. But it had all happened so fast, that you were stuck in a whirlwind romance together. 

“Daryl, can we talk?” Rick asked Daryl. 

“I’m goin hunting… You can come if you want.” Daryl responded.

Rick hesitated, but nodded. He didn’t have a weapon on him, and didn’t plan on having a weapon anytime soon. But he knew that Daryl would have his back if they got into any trouble. Daryl wasn’t like Shane, he wouldn’t kill him out in the woods together. The two of them went out of the gates together, walking side by side.

“I wanted to talk to you about something.” Rick told Daryl. 

Daryl let out a grunt, while carefully studying some animal tracks. Rick sighed, knowing that Daryl wouldn’t give him more than a small answer. 

“I- I should’ve come to you before, but I didn’t… I apologize for that. But me and Y/N are, well we’re together.” Daryl nodded, and looked at Rick.

“I know, Rick. She already told me” He explained. 

Rick nodded, and scratched his nose. Daryl never was the type of person to make this easy. Daryl wasn’t exactly the kind of person who was open about his feelings. That was okay, as long as he was just honest enough to tell people when he was hurting or when he was upset.