Caught II

I was trembling as I step outside my home. That might be a ghost, is that place even haunted!? It scares me!

I took a deep breath and bottled up my confidence. I marched to the home like a child going to ask for extra ketchup alone.

???'S POV

I got tired if being in that stupid mirror. There is nothing to do other than read books and draw..it's like hell.

I groaned. There's only one place where I can do something different..though it's quite far from Casita and deep within the village. I might get caught, but I should try anyway. I can't live another minute in this place.

A few family members are outside. Julieta is definitely healing a few people along with Félix and Agustín hanging out. Isabella, Dolores, and Pepa should be in their rooms. Mirabel...I'm not sure. Probably stitching up some clothing or playing with Antonio. Luisa's probably helping the townspeople.

Not many of the family's outside but there's a few in the Casita. I might get caught and if I shift into anyone outside, it'll make no sense if why they're in Casita, and that'll get me caught.

I should sneak out. I'll make my way to the back door—that way I'll end up behind the house where no one should be. Plus, it's quite a narrow space.

After that, I'll make my way to the village. I'll sneak behind the homes, let's hope no one sees me.

Once the number of citizens subtract, I'll start walking on the sidewalk. I'll be one of the children or myself, it'll depend on how many people are around me.

Sounds like a plan.

~ TIME SKIP ~

The number of townspeople became smaller and smaller to the point where there's only 20-30 people around. I don't feel like shifting, plus there are pairs of eyes around. I decided to stay myself.

I made it to the destination. A half-destroyed home, deep in the town. It's quiet inside and there's alot of things you can do in there. Like breaking things, what's the point in keeping them neat anyway? You can find a few pieces of jewelry or even cash, find some secret doors and stuff like that. It might look creepy, but it's really cool in the inside.

I look around, making sure no one's looking. Everything was going well so I made my way behind the house.

READER'S POV

I made it to the front door. I figured to enter the house by the front door, but I don't remember "Camilo" being infront of the door. Plus, it's locked for some reason.

there's a few other ways to get in this house except the main entrance: Open windows, large holes on the walls, and additional doors. Those are the only things I can think of.

Yes, it might fail but let's at least try. „Let me take a picture of this house first.”

Click!

I walked around the home observing it, trying to find a window, or a hole, or a door. I found a few, but they were dangerous to use as an entrance. Some windows have spikes of glass and it's rusty. I might catch an infection if I get myself wounded by those things.

All the other doors were locked and there weren't any holes that are big enough to go through in. I kept finding for more but I eventually circled around the house and ended up behind it.

For some reason, my body stopped moving. It's like it's making me stop but not turn back.

I then heard a voice.

„It's sooo boring! It's the same thing again and again, imagine seeing the same room each and everyday! Hell, right?! I wish I can just...show myself!”

A long silence fills the atmosphere.

„The thing is that I can't. They'll ask so many questions...too many questions..I- I don't like it when they do that...”

It sounded like Camilo but his voice was a bit deeper and quite threatening.

„I know Dolores can hear me right now, but..but- she won't know who's talking. I'll make sure.”

Who is he talking to?

???'S POV

I was greeted with a beautiful sight. A big and tall tree that fits well with the sunlight..it felt comforting and like it listens when someone is talking.

The green grass blooms with a few flowers in the ground. I can't help but smile. This is my little hideout.

I haven't been here for a while. But I do remember sitting against the tree's trunk and spitting my thoughts to it. I need to let it all out...

...Out loud.

I sat on the grass and leaned against the tree. I crossed my arms as I look up the clouds.

„It's been a while, right? I hope you didn't miss me much.” I chuckled.

„Wanna know where I've been? I've been in a mirror, hiding. I had to hide in there for- I dunno, since I discovered I can enter the mirror dimension? It's just a stupid mirror in Camilo's room. What it's like in there looks like Camilo's room. It's sooo boring! It's the same thing again and again, imagine seeing the same room each and everyday! Hell, right? I wish I can just...”

I hesitated to continue.

„...Show myself!” Everything went silent for a few seconds.

„The thing is that I can't. They'll ask so many questions...too many questions..I- I don't like it when they do that...” A thought entered my mind. It made my heart race a little. „I know Dolores can hear me right now, but..but- she won't know who's talking. I'll make sure.”

Suddenly, I heard the grass ruffle right behind the wall. I instantly thought it would be a person, so I quickly ran to the other side.

I heard footsteps getting louder and louder. I winced and peaked my head to see who it was.

It was Y/n.

......Y/n..? Why would he be here? Nonon, he shouldn't be here!

A little gasp escaped my lips. Y/n heard it and looked at my direction. He...saw me...

I panicked. I can't run away, the townspeople are gonna see me. I can only enter the home to escape.

„Hey!” Y/n called. I didn't answer. I kept running, trying to find an entrance.

The only one I have are windows. I found one, so I climbed and tried to go through it.

I got wounded by one of the glass shards. „Tss!” I hissed. I ignored it and continued to climb in.

„C-..” Y/n took a breath before continuing his sentence.

„CAMILO! Stop!”

...

....

.....

Camilo?