Shadow

DOLORES' POV

„Someday, he'll see me.”

I heard Camilo whisper. What is he talking about? The man he heard? Who is he? What does he mean by 'he'll see me'?

„Hm!” I hummed. Many thoughts are on my mind. I have never heard Camilo say such a thing, I have never heard Camilo's voice being deep and unsettling. Is he okay?

I am worried. I'll need to ask him whenever I see him.

~ TIME SKIP — NEXT MORNING ~

READER'S POV

I woke up with the chirping of the birds. Camilo's head wasn't on my lap so I looked around and saw him on the floor, sound asleep.

Huh. Quite surprising that he can still be asleep on the floor.

I got up and quietly crouched next to Camilo. I tapped his shoulder.

„Camilo...Camilooo~” I whisper. His eyelids twitch and made a small opening. „Nnghnn..” He groaned. „Awh, it huuurts...” The boy said as he stood up, holding his shoulder. „You fell on the floor last night, idiot.” „Oh...Oh, I- I did?” „Yeah. Bet you didn't even wake up because of it.” „I'm surprised about how you didn't wake up. I must've made a loud thud.” „Uh-huh.” I hummed as I help Camilo up.

He rubbed the back of his neck while we head to the exit. I took a few glances around his room. Photos of the townspeople nicely hung on the walls, books in bookshelves, and...

...

...and Mirrors.

We made it to the door. There was a four foot mirror beside the door. What's in the mirror made me feel uneasy and overwhelmed. I'm not sure why.

„I never liked that one.” The boy beside me said in a deep tone. „It always made me feel like it's someone else whenever I look at myself. I hate it.” „Why not throw it out?” „I can't.”

He scoffed while opening the door and stepping out. „It's stuck on the wall, I tried everything to take it off but it's just...glued to the wall or something.” „Strange.” I whisper to myself. I heard a door shut behind me. I turned my head quickly and saw a flash of a shadowy figure.

I looked back to see if Camilo saw the same thing. „Did you see that?” I asked. „See what? I just heard my door shutting on its own.” „A shadow! It ran behind the wall--” Camilo interrupted me by letting go of my hand and slowly walking to the wall. He took a peek behind it and sighed in relief.

CAMILO'S POV

I sighed in relief. It was just Mirabel. „Ah, Mirabel. It's just you, you scared me.” I chuckled. „..Did I? I'm sorry primo, I'm on a hurry right now!” „Alright, you go on. I'll be in the kitchen if you need me.” I waved at her as she runs to Casita's exit.

???'S POV

„Did you see that?” I heard Y/n. „See what? I just heard my door shutting on its own.”

Dammit, I closed the door too quick.

„A shadow! It ran behind the wall--” Y/n was interrupted by Camilo's footsteps. I can hear them getting closer and closer.

Quick! Into Mirabel, now!

I shifted as fast as I can. I looked behind me and saw Camilo peeking behind the wall. He sighed.

„Ah, Mirabel. It's just you, you scared me.” He chuckled. I tried to be upbeat and happy like Mirabel. „Did I? I'm sorry primo, I'm on a hurry right now!” I lied. „Alright, you go on. I'll be in the kitchen if you need me.” He waved at me as I run to Casita's exit. I made it outside and almost in an instant, I ran behind the house and shifted into myself.

You just interacted with Camilo Madrigal, you had a conversation with him.

You spoke with someone you hate the most.

I laughed quietly, knowing Dolores could hear me. One of the Madrigal's already saw me, might as well show myself more.

By that, I mean go out as other people.

Now where should I get some food? Julieta already opened her little stand, 'guess it's a good idea to show myself to the family first.

I formed into Isabella and walked my way to Julieta.

As I was walking to her, I waved. „Good morning, Isabella. You're awake early.” „Mhm, my hunger woke me up. May I have a few arepas?”

Ah yes, arepas..the love of my life.

„Of course, make sure not to leave crumbs all over you.” She smiled. I tried to make the realest smile. I did, because this is Isa's face.

I walked away like a queen, and went back into Casita.

~ TIME SKIP — WHEN ??? MADE IT TO CAMILO'S ROOM ~

I quietly open the door and closing it after I stepped a foot on the floor. I faced the mirror beside the door and placed my hand over it.

I jumped in the mirror and hid myself from sight.