33-Stay

*leahs pov*

It's been three days since me and Jennifer have last talked. I honestly don't even know what happened with that argument, but I do know that I'm going to have to be the one to apologize.

I got off work about an hour ago, and I really want to call Jennifer. I'd really like to her voice right now, but I know a phone call won't solve anything. So I get in my car and head to her apartment.

Once I get there, I stand at her door for a minute or two, trying to think if this will end well. Then I knock.

Eventually the door opens and it's Jules. "Hi Leah!" She says surprised since she hasn't seen me in a while. "Hey Jules, is Jennifer here?" I ask and Jules opens the door all the way, giving me a view of Jennifer sitting on the couch, feet up on the coffee table and a joint hanging out of her mouth.

Jennifer turns her head, and her facial expression changes when she sees me. "Come in." Jules says and steps out of the way. She closes the door behind me once I walk inside, then she goes upstairs, probably getting the hint that me and Jen need to talk.

I walk into the living room awkwardly and make eye contact with Jennifer. She takes the joint out of her mouth before ghosting the smoke and keeping eye contact with me.

"Yeah?" She asks. "I uh, just wanted to come and see you." I say awkwardly and sit on the edge of the couch. "For?" She asks bluntly.

I look at her unamused and she shrugs her shoulders. "You know what for Jennifer." I say. She sighs and takes the last hit of her joint which is now a roach, before placing it in the ashtray.

"What happened the other day?" I ask. "I'm too high to be having this conversation right now." She says straightforward.

"I don't care." I shoot back. "This conversation needs to happen." I say. She looks at me annoyed and I just shrug my shoulders.

"I don't know what happened. I just know that you hurt my feelings and I-I exploded." She try's to explain it.

"I just don't understand Jennifer. Honestly, do you not realize that I did nothing wrong?" I ask. "I didn't say that you did! But I think..." She stops. "You think what?" I ask. "I think...that you should know by now that it's the little things that get to me. It's the little things that make me question everything." She explains.

"I know I can be annoying and ball busting, but I am sensitive Leah. I hate to say it but I am." She says. "I know that, but a lot of things are 'little things' and I don't want you to get upset when they happen, especially if I can't control them. Our relationship won't work if I think everything is okay, and you're drowning in your thoughts hoping everything is okay, until you overthink it and take it out on me." I say.

She looks at me with her sad eyes, and I can see that she understands. "Leah I don't want you to have to go through this.." She says and looks down. "Go through what??" I ask. "Being with me...having to take care of me when I loose self control or being forced to listen to me vent about my mom." She says.

"But that's how a relationship works Jennifer. We're here for eachother. We're there to listen when nobody else will." I say.

"I know that...but this relationship is one sided." She shakes her head. "What are you talking about?" I ask. "It's always me, me, me and the crazy stuff I have going on. You always listen to my problems, but I never listen to yours." She says as her eyes start to get teary.

She stops talking and looks down to try and contain her tears. "Im not a good person Leah.." She says shakily.

"Hey don't say that. You're an amazing person Jen." I assure her. "I'm not. I mean look at me-. I make you feel like shit over an argument that I started over nothing." She says with her tears flowing out now.

"Look, obviously it was over something because it made you upset. And I'm sorry for that." I say. "I was being insensitive, especially with the stuff you have going on with your mom." I tell her.

"See you have no reason to apologize." She shakes her head. "I'm always dumping things on you. You don't deserve to deal with my problems-." I cut her off. "Ok, but I'm going to Jennifer. I want to, I want to help you get through everything. It's what we both signed up for. I don't care what you say from this point on. I love you, and nothing will ever change that. I know that you would help me through whatever I have going on in the future, that's why we're together. We love eachother." I tilt my head.

She looks at me and wipes her tears. "I don't know what to say.." She says softly. "Tell me you love me." I say to her with a slight smile that makes her smile too.

"I love you...more than you'll ever know." She says shakily. I smile and move beside her, giving her a big hug.

"I'm sorry." She says, buried in my chest. "It's okay." I tell her and kiss her head. She pulls away and gives me a kiss on the lips.

"I'm glad we had this conversation.." She says softly. "I missed you." She sighs. I smile and tuck her hair behind her ear.

We stay together for a little longer, embracing the relief of everything being okay now.

"Alright..well I guess I'll get outta here and let you and Jules get back to...ya know." I say, referring to smoking. She giggles and shakes her head. "Stay." She says with her raspy voice.

"Ok.." I smile.