31-Irritated

*jens pov*

It's the next day, and I've been sitting at this front desk for three hours, with only one thing on my mind. My mother.

I'm glad no one has really come into the hospital because my head is too distracted to deal with anyone. I go on with my day extremely slow, and finally, I get to leave.

Once I get all my stuff together, I walk to Leah's office. I open the door to ask if she's ready to go, and when I walk in, Jessie is standing beside Leah at her desk. They're laughing together and Jessie is standing way too close for my liking.

Not this bitch again. I put on a fake smile and try not to seem awkward. "Oh-hi." I say to Jessie since she sees me first. "Hi Jennifer!" She says sweetly. Ugh shutup. She's the last thing I need to deal with, and she's never even done anything wrong-. Except that one time she touched Leah's shoulder, and all the other times shes talked to Leah.

Some might say that's overprotective, I say just say it's necessary to watch out. That's that.

"Hi baby. You ready to go?" Leah says once she notices I'm here.

"Mhm." I force a smile. "Alright. Here are the keys, I'll be right out, I just have to make this schedule." Leah says. I immediately furrow my brows when she walks over to me, handing me her car keys.

I keep my facial expression slightly annoyed as I hold out my hand, letting her put the keys in my hand. "Ok then." I sigh and walk out before shutting the door behind me.

For some reason, I feel myself getting emotional as I'm walking down the sidewalk to Leah's car. My head is already fucked up because of my mom, I'm on my period, and now Leah wants me to go wait in the car while she's in her office with another girl-?? And she already knows how I feel about Jessie, Leah even told me that Jessie used to have a crush on her! So of course this is making me upset.

I know I'm taking this out of proportion, but I'm really struggling.

About five minutes later, I see Leah waking towards the car.

She gets in the drivers seat and shuts the door. "Hi." She says sweetly before leaning over kissing my cheek. I stay quiet as she starts the car. I've been quiet since last night so she probably thinks it's the same situation, but now my mood is worse. I don't know what's happening with me. I swear I'm going through a mid life crisis.

We drive down the road with the music of Leah's car radio filling the silence.

Once we get back to her place, I unbuckle my seatbelt and go to reach for the car door, but she grabs my hand and I look at her.

"You okay?" She asks sincerely. "I'm fine." I force a smile. She looks at me unamused and I just shrug my shoulders. "No you're not cuz you're doing that thing with your face." She says. "What thing do I do with my face-?" I ask.

"That smile when you turn the corners of your lips up for point five seconds then go back to a resting bitch face." She says, which isn't a lie. But I hate that she knows that so well, now I can't use that tactic with her.

"It's just about my mom Leah. My head feels scrambled. That's all." I say. "No it's not. Please just tell me." She says.

I look at her and sigh. "It's Jessie." I mumble and Leah looks at me like 'are you serious?' before busting out laughing. "Jessie?? What about her?" She asks confused.

"That fact you made me sit in the car to wait on you and some other girl in a room alone together." I say and she looks just completely shocked. "My god Jennifer I'm gonna kill youuu." She wines jokingly. But I'm not joking.

"You're gonna kill me? That's not fair don't turn it around. Why couldn't I just wait in the fucking office with you and that blonde bitch until you were finished? Explain that shit to me??" I ask, kind of exploding unintentionally.

She looks at me with her mouth slightly open. "Exactly. You can't. You shoulda known not to pull some shit on me like that with the stuff I'm already going through." I say and cross my arms, looking at her with a straight face, while she's looking at me like I'm crazy.

"Well?? You gonna say anything??" I ask. "Jennifer...listen to yourself." She says. "It's just work, I didn't think you'd wanna stay and wait. You always complain about how cold my office is so I just thought you'd want to wait in the car for me instead of being bored." She explains calmly.

"Bullshit." I roll my eyes. Now she's really looking at me like I'm a psycho. "It's not fucking bullshit-. It was me trying to make something easy for you. What? Do think I'm cheating on you or something?? Is that what this is Jennifer. Is that why you're acting like this?" She asks.

I'm hearing all this and understanding that what she's saying actually is reasonable, but the tone she's talking with, really isn't making me feel better.

"Acting like what-??" I ask. "Like a bitch." She says without hesitation. I furrow my brows and look at her like she just called me a slur.

"Fuck you." I say and start to open the car door. "Fuck you too. You're acting crazy. Can't even handle the truth." She says before I get out and slam the door.

"Slam my door again!" She threatens once she rolls down the window. I roll my eyes as I walk into her house and get all my shit together, which impressively only takes two minutes, maybe one and a half.

I walk out with a pile of clothes in my arms and my makeup bag. I see Leah still in the car, rubbing her forehead.

She looks up, and once she sees me she rolls the window down. "Are you gonna leave now??" She asks. "Yes." I say bluntly. "Jennifer don't leave." She says in a serious tone.

"I don't wanna bitch up your life Leah. Leave me the fuck alone." I say and start walking down the street. I hear her car door open but I just keep walking.

"You're taking this way too seriously!! I was doing my job!" She yells. I don't say anything.

I keep walking until I get to the end of the road, then I call an uber.

As I'm sitting in the car, our fight keeps replaying in my mind. How did that even happen? Why did I blow up so fast. I think I'm really just mentally irritated and it doesn't help that I only got two hours of sleep last night.

But after seeing Jessie again, it really irked my nerves. Especially when Leah wanted me to leave. I know that Leah probably really thought nothing of it, but there's little things that you just don't do when you're in a relationship.

My suspicion got the best of me, and Leah calling me a 'bitch' really hurt my heart. But I don't show hurt, I show anger.

I think my mom showing up out of nowhere is really fucking with my head. I haven't acted like this since I was twenty. That argument gave me flashbacks.

I'm loosing my mind. Shit.