20-Crazy

*jens pov*

"Hey stranger." Dr.Lee walks up to the front desk and says. "Hi." I put on a smile. "How are you?" He asks me. "I'm fine." I lie. I guess I am fine, but I'm still a little shaken up over what happened to me.

It's Tuesday and I've been at work for about an hour. "And you?" I ask. "I'm great." He nods. It's gets a little awkward before he just walks away.

My conversations with him have been awkward ever since I told him that I'm dating Leah, so I just avoid talking to him in general.

Next weekend Ethan is throwing a party at his apartment, and Jules really wants me to come. Obviously I hate Ethan with a burning passion, and I'd never be seen setting foot in his apartment...but I'll do it for Jules.

So I told her yes, and I'm really not looking forward to it, but as long I don't have to be sober, then I'll be fine.

-

"So why are you going if you don't like Ethan?" Leah asks me as she's driving. "For Jules, she really wants me to be there since we haven't partied together in a while." I shrug.

"At least it's a party and not an awkward double date." I say and Leah looks at me before laughing. "I can just get high, then I'll be in a better mood. I couldn't do that in the double date." I say and Leah gets quiet.

"Jennifer?" Leah says. "Yeah baby?" I ask as I'm on my phone. "Is you not being sober the only thing that brings you joy?" She asks and I look at her.

"What?" I giggle since I'm not sure what she means. "You always talk about how excited you are to get high or drunk. And I can tell that you're happiest when you're not sober. It seems like that's the only way you have fun." She says hesitantly.

"It's not-." I scoff. "I'm a fun person in general, I don't need a blunt to make me fun. It's just more enjoyable." I shrug.

"Yeah but you need a blunt to have fun." She says and I furrow my brows. "What are you getting at?" I ask, getting defensive.

"You worry me Jen. I get this is what your life is, but I can't always keep up with it." She says. "Who says you have to keep up with it?" I ask with attitude. "Woah. I'm just saying Jen, I don't like always doing that stuff when we hangout. I actually want to remember when we have sex-." She says.

"Ok first of all I never force you to smoke or drink. It's your choice. That's not fair." I say. "Well you doing it in general just pressures me to." She says and I look at her like she's crazy.

"You're the one who wanted to do all that stuff with me in the beginning." I say. "Yeah so you would like me." She says and I look at her. "You don't have to smoke or drink for me to like you." I say softly. "So don't fucking put it on me when you just admitted to you making the choices yourself." I say getting more upset. 

"Don't get mad. I'm just saying you seem a little-." I cut her off. "A little what??" I ask and she looks at me.

She sighs before speaking. "A little reckless." She says and I keep my eyes at her. "I mean c'mon Jennifer, I know you're just very nonchalant and free flying. But honestly, you're fucking crazy." She says and her eyes widen when she realizes what she said and how she said it.

I furrow my brows and she looks at me. "Sometimes! Only sometimes." She corrects her self. "Stop the car." I say and look away from her. "What?" She asks. "Stop the fucking car!" I yell and she jumps before hitting the brake.

I unbuckle my seatbelt and Leah forms a look of confusion. "What are you doing? Jennifer?" She says. "Are you serious?" I ask and stop moving. But she just stays quiet. "Fine." I say and open the car door. "Jennifer we're on the highway!" She says as I get out.

"No it's okay. I'm fucking crazy." I shrug and shut the car door. I start to walk straight and Leah slowly drives beside me as she rolls down the car window. "Please get back in!" She says and I just keep walking.

"Jen!" She says. Suddenly cars start to honk behind her and she looks back at them. "Ok then." She says before speeding ahead, leaving me behind. 

I stop walking and watch her drive off. What the hell just happened? Fuck.

-

"She's not wrong. You are crazy." Monty says as he's driving. I called Monty to come pick me up once Leah left. I've walked home from places farther than this, but I didn't want to walk on the highway, especially when I'm in this mood. I probably would've thrown myself in front of a car.

"Fuck you." I say to Monty. "Fuck Leah too..." I say softly and look out the car window.