14-Intimidating

*leahs pov*

It's the next day, and I'm at work, feeling kind of bad. Jen told me that she talked to Jules about everything and asked her if she was doing that stuff with Ethan. But it turned into a huge argument. Jules is mad at Jen for accusing her, and Jen is upset because she was just trying to look out for Jules.

Jules told Jen that she isn't on anything, so I feel bad. I shouldn't have said anything in the first place.

Eventually my first patient comes in, and that luckily takes my mind off the situation. The day goes by extremely slow, plus I don't have many patients, so that doesn't help.

Once work is over, I walk out of my office and stop at the front desk where Jen is gathering her stuff together. "Hey. You okay?" I ask and she looks at me.

"Yeah. I'm good. How was your day?" She asks. "Slow." I shrug. "Same." She sighs. "Can you give me a ride home? I don't think Jules is coming to get me.." She asks. "Yeah of course." I nod and we walk out together.

"Do you not wanna go home? You can come to my house if you want." I suggest while I'm driving. "No it's okay. I probably shouldn't avoid Jules." She says and I nod.

"I need to talk to her, and apologize, since it's always me apologizing first. But whatever. I just wanna make peace." She shrugs. "You're a very 'go with the flow' kind of person." I make an observation. "You think so?" She tilts her head. "Yeah." I nod. "Well I'll take that as a compliment." She says. "Yeah I think it's a good thing. Avoiding drama and everything." I say and she nods.

Eventually I pull into the parking lot of her apartment building and she unbuckles her seatbelt. "Alright. Good luck baby." I say as she opens the door. "Bye my love." She says and gives me a kiss before getting out.

*jens pov*

I open the door to my apartment and head in. I see Ant sitting on the couch and I shut the door behind me. "Hey Jen." He nods his head at me. "Yo." I say and plop on the couch beside him. "She's upstairs." He says. "Jules?" I ask and he nods. "What do you expect me to say sorry to her or something?" I ask. "Yep. You always do." He says. "I know." I sigh.

"Just get it over with. You know how she is. You two will be fine in an hour." He rolls his eyes. He nudges my shoulder and I stand up. I walk upstairs and walk into me and Jules' room.

I look to Jules' bed and she's laying down on her phone. She looks up at me once she hears me come in and she just rolls her eyes.

"Jules." I say. "What." She says bluntly with her eyes glued to her phone. "I'm sorry, okay?" I say and she looks at me unamused.

"I'm serious." I sit beside her and take her phone out of her hand. "You have to understand that I was just looking out for you. I am sorry for accusing you, but I had to make sure." I say and she tilts her head.

"It really hurt my feelings Jen. You know I would never do that stuff again. Especially after overdosing last year." She says and my heart drops. I hate when she brings that up. It was a very traumatizing time that I didn't recover from easily. I mean, walking in on your bestfriend on the floor, covered in her own puke, gasping for air. It was definitely hard. I thought I was gonna lose her.

"I know, I know." I cut her off so she doesn't say anything more about her overdose. "Please-, just forgive me. Make this easy." I sigh and tilt my head. "I could never stay mad at you Jen." She shakes her head. "I know." I smile a little and so does she.

-

It's the next week and I'm so happy that me and Jules are okay. I hate fighting with her, more than anything.