TWENTY-FOUR

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

Nagisa slowly opens his eyes seeing a music box with four sparklers embedded into it all of them lit. He tries to move his hands feeling the being constricted. Looking down he finds himself tied with rope to a chair. He grunts as he tries to free his wrist from his bonds, looking around he finds himself in the old arcade that Powder had blown up on accident.

"Really thought I buried this place." Jinx sighs "But I should have known better."

"Powder?" Nagisa calls out into the darkness not seeing his sister as her voice echoes throughout the area.

"Nothing ever stays dead."

Nagisa looks around franticly looking for Powder "Are we alone?"

"For now." Jinx walks around the room confusing Nagisa with the sound "Maybe forever."

"Wanna know a secret? Silco thinks he made Jinx, with all his rants and his hard-won lessons. "Excise your doubts, Jinx." "Be what they fear, Jinx." Like everything was the same as when Vander left him. But he didn't make Jinx." Nagisa finally finds his sister leaning against a broken wall "You did."

"I'm sorry, Powder. I never meant to leave you." Nagisa looks back to his sister finding her gone.

"You never left. I always heard you. Shadows in the streets, prickles on the back of my neck. Your voice. Pushing me. Picking me up when all the colors were black. You're the reason I'm still alive." three of the sparklers went out dimming the little light in the area.

"I spent so many nights in that shitty home. Counting the hours. The only thing. . . The only thing that kept me going was the thought of getting back to you."

The last flare goes out drowning the room in complete darkness.

"Are we still twins?"

"Nothing is ever going to change that."

Nagisa is frightened as a lighter is lit in front of his face Jinx's face close to his.

"I always knew you'd come back." Jinx turns the chair that Nagisa was sitting in around to face a table.

"What's going on?"

Jinx walks next to the table holding the lighter above her head. She throws the lighter across the table lighting up multiple candles that covered the surface of the table. The light from the candles illuminated the area revealing a long table with Silco across from Nagisa with a ball gag in his mouth. Around the table were plates and teacups serving Vander, Claggor, Mylo, Powder, Silco, Nagisa, and Jinx.

"Did you know? Right here, he stabbed Vander in the back. Just like he planned to do with me. All the time saying you abandoned me when he knew the truth."