FIVE

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

"Okie-dokie! Your assignment this afternoon is to compose a short poem. The final line should read "was tentacles all along"."

"What?"

"Huh?"

"Excuse me, sir. Really?" Yukiko Kanzaki asked.

"Really. When you've completed the assignment, kindly bring it forward. You will be graded on creativity, grammar, and overall beauty of expression." the octopus teacher answers "Here's an example. "Not the storm of garden's snow of flowers moving on, but sprouting there instead was tentacles all along."."

"Yeah because that makes a whole lot of sense." Yuma Isogai stated.

"You may go home when once you're finished."

The students gasp.

"What? But, sir!" Hinano Kurahashi said.

"Should get those li'l synapses sparking and the imagination slithering!" the teacher creates sputtering noises as he flails his tentacles around.

"Could you please knock that off?!" shouted Maehara.

"Um, sir? Question!" Kaede Kayano asks.

"Huh? Of course! Fire away Kayano."

"Do we always have to call you sir? You haven't given us your name and I think we need one. I mean, it'd  be kinda awkward if we don't call you anything, right?" Kayano asks.

"Ah. Well, now. . ."

"Oversight." Tomohito Sugino says.

"Yeah. A little bit." Meg Kataoka said.

"Trouble is, I don't have the sort of name you just give to people. Why not pick one for me?"

"What could go wrong." Maehara sweat-dropped.

"Just focus on meter and syntax."

"M'kay." Kayano says cheerily.

"I'll take a short break while you take up your pens." the teacher's yellow skin turned light pink.

Nagisa looks up from his paper to his teacher. His eyes are covered by the shadows created by his bangs as he raises from his seat and walks to the front of the class with his paper.