EIGHTEEN

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

On the roof.

"Hiring assassins, infecting students with a potentially lethal virus. What the hell is wrong with you? Are you out of your mind?" Karasuma questions angrily at Takaoka.

"Strong words, there friend. I assure you I'm perfectly sane. Though, I suspect world-saviors are often thought of as mad. If you had done as I instructed and had the runts of the litter bring the goods on their own, my assassination plot would've gone off without a hitch and we'd all be winners."

"I'd wanted to use what's-her-name. Kayano? Yeah. She was integral to the plot. Oh-ho, and it was a doozy! The bathtub in my suite here is overflowing with anti-sensei BB's. I'd've set her up in there with the target then entomb the whole setup in concrete."

"The only way for the octopus to return to his normal form without touching the BB's would've been to blow everything sky-high, including the girl. We all know he'd never do such an inhuman thing to the children in his care! So, I figured he'd take the honorable way out and opt to dissolve in lieu of killing one of his students!"

The students gasp, growl and whimper at the insane man's words.

"I won't lie, it gave daddy quite a fright when he saw you'd all come en masse. Doesn't change things much, but still. Oh, and my mood will play a significant role as to whether you walk out of this alive."

"Intolerable. You can't really imagine you'll get away with this." Koro-sensei growls.

"Actually, I think there's a pretty decent chance. Either way, I believe we can all agree this route's a hell of a lot more humane than the treatment I got from your class! Now, every time I catch people lookin' at me sideways. Every time I think of how you bluffed me with my own knife, my skin itches so badly I can't sleep through the night!"

"I hope you're proud boys and girls, because you've condemned daddy to hell! Negative evaluations, demotions, gossip. You have no idea what it's like! My future is gone." Takaoka points to Nagisa "You specifically, Nagisa, must answer for the grave injustice done to my reputation!"

"I get it, he asked for the shortest students to come because he knew Nagisa would be one of them." Chiba says.

"Hmm. I see. So this actually has a lot more to do with you settling a score than anyone saving the world. Think about it. Is beating up a kid gonna repair your self-esteem? Wouldn't someone my size be more interesting?" Karma steps up.

Terasaka yells "Look, you crazy son of a bitch. Nagisa kicked your ass by your own rules, so you've got no one to blame but yourself! And here's the deal! Even if you'd won, we'd still despise you! Nothing you could've done would've changed our minds!"