NINE

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

A large ship entered the port preparing to dock. Silco's men were loading the ship full of metal barrels. Sevika was talking to a man about the shipping.

"Uh, shipping manifest?"

Sevika places a small bag of cash on the clipboard the man was holding "From your friend. Downtown."

The man rights off on his clipboard approving the shipping procedure.

Above the ship was a group of people wearing masks and riding hover skateboards. The leader wore a distinct white owl mask and dangled a stopwatch in his right hand. The group turns as they head towards the ship.

Sevika takes the clipboard from the man after he stamps the papers with approval. The man goes to exit the ship but is pushed back when the group flys past him scaring the man.

"Let's go!" one of the men on the hoverboards yells.

"Ah, shit. The Firelight." one of Silco's men says.

The Firelights board the ship flying around and throwing grenades at the ship's men. When the grenades made contact with the target they explode creating large yellow crystals that trapped the target.

A man try's to shoot at the leader but the leader knucks the man out with his board. When everyone was captured or unconscious they landed on the ship placing their boards on their backs as they walked around.

"We have five minutes till they're out of there." the leader stated.

Sevika glared at the people as they walked by. The leader reaches one of the barrels and pry's it open finding that the barrels are full of purple bubbling liquid.

"You ever seen this much Shimmer before?" the Lieutenant asks the leader.

"They're expanding. Check for more below. Burn it all." he commands.

Two of the Firelights open the hatch to a trapped door below them and hop inside the body of the ship.

The boy with green hair in a mohawk pulls out a metal blunt object and looks around for more Shimmer. He stops when he triggers a tripwire. The hatch above them closes shut and locks. A pink monkey face is painted on the door, mocking them. The second Firelight rushes to the door and bangs on it.

"Oh, no, no, no, no, no. Open up. Open the door."

The two give up grumbling turn back to the pitch-black area of the ship's haul. They look around weapons at the ready for an attacker. They stop moving when they hear creaking coming from the back.

"Oh, no. She's here." The boy with green hair states as he lights a flare to lighten up the room.

They slowly and quietly move towards the sound looking for someone. They both spot as they see movement behind some creates scaring them. The creaking is louder now and the green-haired boy throws the flare at the noise. The flare tumbles on the ground before stopping at the sound.