TWO

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

Powder walked up to her house water droplets drizzled from her wet clothing and bag. Opening up the door kicking off her shoes and dragged her feet to her room. Powder walks past a doorway where her mother and brother were sitting at the table.

"Sweetie? You're dripping water on the floor go clean up, then come back down so we can talk." Hiromi spoke startling Powder.

"Sure mom." Powder's head kept down as she walked to her room.

Entering her room and closing the door, Powder quickly opens her soaked bag pulling out her test scores lifting the mattress, hiding it under her bed, and grabbing a new pair of clothes. Powder wore a blue shirt over top magenta and pink stopped shirt and dark magenta leggings with brown arm warmers. Finished changing she takes her wet clothing and bag and headed to the bathroom. Placing them in the bathtub to air dry and heading back to the living room.

When Powder entered the room her mother snapped in her direction. Staring at Powder a smile stretches onto her face, tilting her head and patting the seat next to her on the couch. Know she can't do anything Powder moves over to sit next to her mother. Nagisa must have left while she was in her room because she didn't see him in the room.

"You walked in soaking wet. What happened?" Hiromi pulled Powder closer to her running her finger through her daughter's blue hair.

Knowing her mother, if she told the truth her mother would completely flip. Likely hunting down the teens bulling her and causing a bigger problem, giving the bullies more reason to hate her.

"Nothing happened, I just tripped walking by the water bank and fell in." Powder stared blankly at the ground.

"I love your hair. My mother never let me grow it out this long. I want you to have the life I could never get." Hiromi runs her fingers through Powder's locks undoing the braid.

"How was your test?" Hiromi asked her movements halting.

Powder froze, thinking back to her score. The test paper flashed through her mind of her hiding it under her bed. Looking back to her mother.

"An A." Powder responded.

Her mother's grip on her hair tightened, causing pain to shoot through Powder's head.

"You need to do better make sure you get perfect scores or else you won't get into the middle school that I want you in. I'm only doing what's best for you, mother knows best." Hiromi ends the conversation letting go of Powder's hair getting up and leaving the living room.