Chapter 15

LEON ADLER

When we reach home, I'm surprised to see that the pack has a security that's really tight. There are warriors from different packs, and the otherworldly creatures like mages and shamans. Dad puts his hand on my shoulder upon seeing my reaction and gives me a gentle smile before nodding his head towards my mom, who has been waiting for us with happy and teary eyes.

Taking my mate's hand in mine, Ethan lets out a huge sigh, his face still masking shocked –I guess from the fight and after finding out that his parents are still alive­– and happiness. From here, I can feel how lightweight he feels, how happy he really is, how thankful he is.

My soon-to-be Beta, Shane, who I haven't really seen much around since my mate went on an adventure by himself, runs after me and gives me a firm but gentle hug. I hug him back. I've always considered Shane as my brother as we grew up together. We spent most times together when we were growing up, considering that I'm his Alpha and he, my Beta. We trained together, ate together, had some sleepovers together. We were pretty much doing anything. Until he found Lolita, his mate.

Who can blame him? I'm just as smitten to my mate as he is to his love.

But I know Shane has always been supportive of me, and I know that even though the fact that my mate is a guy, he doesn't really care. In fact, I'm pretty sure he'd be disappointed had I told him that the urge, a strong one, to reject my mate was in my head.

"I'm glad you're safe, man." Shane pulls back and grins at me. His hair has grown a bit longer. "You, too, Ethan. You guys must be exhausted. You can head over to the main house to rest. There's food there as well if you're hungry."

"Thanks, Shane. We'll talk later."

"We better. You need to tell me about your adventures with Ethan." I roll my eyes but smile at him. "I'm serious, Leon!" He laughs out loud.

My mate and I head towards the main house. His parents are already seated on the sofa comfortably, and when they see their son, I let go of his hand and let them have their moment. Ethan's eyes become teary as he hugs his parents, the three of them sharing an embrace that warms my heart. I watch them for a bit before I spin around to give them some privacy. They probably want to talk and make up for the lost time.

Ethan, sensing that I'm about to leave the room, runs after me and grabs my arm, pulling me. My eyes meet his, and my heart skips a beat. Once I'm within reach, his parents give me the warmest hug they can offer, which shocks me a little. Ethan grins widely, his eyes a bit reddish from crying. I hug his parents back.

"I'm sorry you had to meet us that way." Elena mumbles sadly.

"It's all right. None of it is your fault."

"You just look like what we've always imagined," Elliot mutters. I blink in surprise. Even Ethan is surprised to hear that. Elena notices her son's reaction, grabs his hand and squeezes it. "Before all of this started, I tried to... look into the future. But it wasn't really clear. We can try to see as much as possible, but it's not really clear as to how it would play out. It'll be like glimpses, and then, it'll be like a dream you will forget. But I always remember what you would look like. Because even before you and Ethan were born, Elena and I had always known our son would be mated to an Alpha from your pack..."

"And when you were born... I could see the strings that connected you to our son..." Elena continues, resting her head on his husband's shoulder. "I could see the life force between the two of you. I asked Ethan to find Kieran so that they could protect him... because I saw a glimpse of you having a hard time accepting it. I remember thinking that it was the only way I could protect my son from the possible pain."