Chapter 22

- Camilo's POV -

I cleared my throat dramatically in front of y/n and Cecilia.
"Excuse me ladies." I stopped their dancing and Cecilia stepped off y/n's shoes.
"Mind if I steal your dance partner, Cecilia?" I asked the girl and slightly bowed down to her.
"Nope! I have to get home now anyway." The girl cheered and let go of y/n's hands.
"Bye Camilo! bye Y/n!" She yelled after her before skipping away.
"Bye Cecilia!" Y/n waved before she was long gone.

"So-" she began, but the music suddenly changed as she was about to speak.
The band started playing a much slower and more romantic song and the couples around us started slow dancing in the pouring rain.
I felt my heartbeat rise a bit at the thought of slow dancing with her.
A little "Uhh..." flew out my mouth as I watched the couples swaying around in the pouring rain.
A little girl and her dad caught my eye and I smiled at them.

"Are you going to ask me for a dance or what?" Y/n then asked me, making me jump back from space.
"Huh? Oh yeah!" I snapped back and held my arms out, about to place them on her hips, but I wasn't sure if she was okay with it.
I looked at her for an answer and she giggled and put my hands into place for me.
"You act like you don't hug me all the time." She smiled at me, making me blush slightly.
"Sorry." I mumbled.
She placed her hands on my shoulders and we started swaying with the music.

"Wait... I know this song..." she turned her head to the band and her mind clicked, "esto es amor." She grinned at me and suddenly I recognized the song as well from our babysitting night.
"Well well well princess, looks like we've made it our song now." I smiled at her.
"Correction: Prince." She smiled at me, her eyes sparkling.
"Right, except... you're not a real Prince." I said and leaned my head a bit to the side.
"What do you mean by that?" She asked, squinting her eyes at me.
"You don't have a crown." I said, nodding my head at hers.
She then released her hands from my shoulders and let them form a little triangle on top of her head with a grin, "good enough for ya?" She chuckled. My heart melted at that.
She was heart-melting cute.
"Perfect." I smiled and she put her hands back into place around my neck.

A girl in front of us, then harshly bumped into y/n, making her fall right into my chest and instantly putting her hands behind my head, saving me from a brutal injury.
We fell to the ground, stacked on each other like a pile of papers.
Y/n grunted as she came back to her senses, "ugh..... Camilo? Are you hurt? Show me your hands." She lifted her head to look me in the eyes, our faces now inches from each other.
I gulped, a heavy blush covering my cheeks and nose.
"I'm fine, see." I smiled at her and lifted my hands for her to see not a scratch on them, she smiled back.

"Oh my- are you okay? I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to barge into you like that" a female voice spoke behind us as y/n muffled her way off me.
"We're fine don't worry about it." Y/n answered and gave me a hand.
I shapeshifted into Cecilia to make it easier for her to pull me up.

"Oh that's good. The name's María. Nice to meet you both." She said and as soon as I got on my feet I recognized her.
The long red and white dress, the same dimples, the red lips and big dark brown hair wrapped into long boho braids.
"Do I know you?" I asked carefully, the girl looked me up and down and then a big smile grew on her red lips.
"Camilo?" She said and my mind clicked.

"Sis, what are you doing here?" Marcos nervously laughed, appearing behind her.
"I forgot my shawl in the bakery and then saw all these people dancing and well, then I bumped into you friends here, literally." María explained.

"I didn't know you had a sister." Y/n then remarked, holding her hands tightly.
I spotted that her hands were shaking, so I took hers in mine and then gasped at seeing her knuckles being torn up and bleeding.
"Y/n you're hurt." I stated, looking into her cat-like eyes.
"It's fine-" she tried, but María interrupted, "I think we have some bandages in the bakery, come with me." She said and put her arm around y/n.