Chapter 16

"-For I am the most evil king to set foot on this earth and you SHALL NEVER LEAVE MY TOWER, LITTLE PRINCESS MWUHAHAHAH" Emilia, the oldest shouted, her fake mustache threatening to fall off her upper lip.
"Oh no! If only some handsome young Prince would come to safe me!" Camilo took his hands to his cheek and pitched his voice completely. He had transformed into a little blonde princess with a pink dress and glitter all over him.
"Fear not, for I am here my dearest Princesa!" I marched in with a plastic sword in my hand and posed like the self-observed Prince role I was playing, making Rosálina giggle from the audience side.
"Oh my! What a handsome young Prince you are! Please, hurry and save me!" Camilo sounded ridiculous having his voice pitched so high while having voice cracks through every sentence. I poked Emilia with my plastic sword right in her stomach, making her dramatically fall to the ground while I climbed the pillow-fort we had built, I then took Camilo's hand and we muffled our way down the unsteady pile of pillows and blankets.
"Thank you sO much for saving me." Camilo twirled his finger around a golden lock of hair while blinking extremely at me.
"Let's get married." I took my arm under Camilo's with a suave deep voice, referring to Mariano's way of constantly bothering Dolores with those words, making him break character to laugh a little and then pulling himself together again.
We were ready to finish our act, when Rosálina screamed, "YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO KISS THE PRINCESS TO SHOW IT'S TRUE LOVE!" Her eyes were literally sparkling at us.
"Yea, it's not a real fairytale without a true love's kiss." Gabriela joined in, making the rest of the kids watching our act, nod in agreement too. Camilo and I flusterdly looked around for a quick excuse, but we just ended up meeting our eyes midway, faces inches from each other, resulting in us both nervously giggling and looking away. Camilo took his hand to his neck awkwardly, avoiding eye contact at all costs.
And I did the one thing to do to get these kids to shut up, I gave Camilo a little peck on his cheek while he wasn't looking. I felt my heart racing again. Camilo quickly turned his head at me, his mouth formed into a little 'o' while his brows were raised and cheeks were red. I just nervously smiled at the ground.
"OooOoooOo Camilo and y/n sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s, o-m-g~" Andrés teased.
"Camilo's got a girlfrieeeeend" Gabriella chimed in and the kids started dancing around us, singing in choir, "Camilo and y/n sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s, o-m-g!"
"You little brats!" Camilo chased after the kids, making them scream and run away giggling. Camilo raised his arms and ran after them to the other side of the house, leaving me alone with Gabriella and Rosálina.
"Is he actually you boyfriend?" Rosálina asked me, startling me a bit. I turned to her and sat down on my knees in front of her, "no, of course not!" I giggled.
"Good, because he promised to be my boyfriend until I find someone else. He swore." She pouted at me, reminding me a lot of tinker bell, by the way she had crossed her arms. I chuckled, why was that such an expected, unexpected thing of him to do?
"Camilo is your boyfriend?" I smirked at her.
"No, he just said so, so she wouldn't cry over not having one. Then he said he wouldn't dream of cheating on her and promised to 'treat her like a real lady' until someone else could take his place." Gabriella explained to me. I grinned at the thought of Camilo being a little sweetheart towards the girl.
"That's cute.", I chuckled. Gabriella nodded in agreement.
"Can I do your hair?" She took a lock of my hair into her hand.
"Sure?" I grinned and we started a hair salon in the play-room.

- one hour later -

Finally it was time to eat and every girl in the house had done their hair. Mine was made of a 4-year old and a bunch of colorful hair clips and the four other girls each had some fancy braiding technique wrapped in their hair by me. I was pretty proud of my work honestly.
"Who's hungry for pizza?" I asked the girls, all of them jumping up and down in excitement, "me, me, me!" They all yelled.
We walked downstairs to the boys all cramping into loud laughter as we stepped into the kitchen. Camilo was shape-shifting his body into random people really fast out of laughing so hard.
"What?" I asked dumbfounded, making them laugh even harder.
"YOUR HAIR" Andrés pointed.
"Ha-ha very funny." I ironically said, giving him a pair of eyes.
"Don't worry y/n I think you look..." Camilo stared me up and down before spouting, "beautiful." He then cracked up at his own joke and I punched him in the arm, "fuck you." I muttered.

After pizza, we watched the new movie, Cinderella. The youngest couldn't keep themselves awake at the end and the baby was put to sleep outside.
We tucked the kids to bed, while I hummed the melody from the movie, 'Esto Es Amor' and gently rubbed my hand on Emilias cheek.
Camilo took off Alejandro's glasses and turned off the lights.
"Could you sing the song for us?" Rosálina asked from the top bunk.
"What song?" I asked.
"The song you were humming." She rubbed her eyes tiredly at me.
"Will it help you sleep?" I asked, "yes!" She got under the covers again, waiting for me to sing.
I looked over at Camilo by the door. Kind of embarrassing, now that he's here to listen.
"Do you want me to help?" He assumed by the way I was looking at him.
"Uhm sure, i-if you want to." I cleared my throat while getting up from the side of Emilia's bed.
"You play the Prince then," he winked at me and started singing, his angelic voice filling the room, "mmm mmh mmm..." he slowly took a step closer to me and reached for my hand. I accepted. "Esto es amor... mmm mmh mmm" he took his other hand to my waist, startling me a bit by the sudden touch, but then realizing he wanted to dance and I put my free hand on his shoulder.
"Esto es amor" he slowly danced back and forth with me, I was completely mesmerized by the boy.
"Es todo lo que yo soñe" his oh-so sweet voice filled my heart with joy. He spun me around, gently grabbing me by the waist again.
"Yo te miré... mmm mmh mmm" his deep voice cords shined through at the humming parts.
"Y ahora sé"  it felt like we were the only people in the room, completely forgetting about the little heads popping out from the bunk beds around us.
"Y ahora sé" I joined in, my eyes melted into his, the dim light from the bed lamp creating a peaceful atmosphere.
"que el cielo se abre ante mí." We vocalized, our pitch differences complimenting each other. I took a deep breath and my heart finally started to relax.
"Mi corazón." Camilo nodded at me with a smirk, as if he was singing about me, giving me butterflies all the way down my tip-toes. "mmm mmh mmm~... Puede volar," his voice sent chills down my spine.
I closed my eyes, "Estrelles yo puedo tocar." Our voices met again, my pitch going through a little higher and louder this time.
"Este es el milagro aquél qué tanto yo soñé." It felt magical, as if we were slow dancing on stars, like it was me and him against the world.
I stopped dancing and moved a little closer, to lean my head on his shoulder, our bodies embracing each other perfectly, like two puzzle-pieces made for each other.
"Mmm mmh mmm.." Camilo gently stroke my hair with one hand, the other wrapped around my waist.
"Esto es amor." We finished our song and quietly stood there, hugging each other. I felt at peace, safely tucked into Camilo's warm embrace. I never wanted this moment to stop, but sadly it did not last another second due to a little voice behind us, "how romantic." Emilia sighed, her head resting in her hands, while laying on her stomach and happily dangling her legs behind her.
Both me and Camilo's eyes popped open at that, we had completely forgotten about literally everything. My heartbeat raced and blood flushed back to my cheeks. Camilo cleared his throat, "right uh, goodnight kids, time to sleep!" He slowly backed up. "Yeah uhm goodnight, it was nice meeting you all." I waved awkwardly at all the little heads, staring down at us and backed towards the door.
Camilo and I left the room, realizing once we got into the light of the small hallway outside, that we both looked like a tomato and slightly giggled at each other, our bodies not so far away again, due to the lack of space there was in the slim corridor.

We heard the front door squeak open and greeted the mother plus helping her out with the groceries she was lugging on.
After saying our goodbyes to the lady, we walked back to the casita, the same way we left, hand in hand.