Chapter 9

I sat in my wheelchair, looking out the window at the village. It was so peaceful to watch the people just do their things. I was finishing the water coloring for Agustín, but I couldn't seem to concentrate, due to the peaceful sighting in front of me.
A melodic knock was performed on the door. I knew only one person to knock like that.
"Come in, Camilo" I smiled, still facing the window.
"What's up hermosa? What are you looking at?" He went over to me and put a hand on my shoulder.
"WOAHH, you can draw??" He broke into a big smile and took the drawing in front of me into his hands.
"Yea." I looked up at him. "Why is that such a surprise to you?" I chuckled.
"Well, I draw a little myself too, y'know." he studied my art with big eyes.
"You do?" I was a bit surprised myself now.
"Yup." He smiled proudly at me and handed me back my drawing.
An idea struck him, "I'll go get my sketchbook, so you can see actually" he flew out the door and was back again a minute after, now with a thick leather book with the name 'Camilo' poorly scraped into the front cover with a pocket knife.
He held it out with stretched hands for me to see. I took it into my hands, feeling the rough fabric of leather on the palm of my left hand, and raw paper striking at my right fingers, as I searched through the first pages.
"Nono, don't look at the first ones, they're from a long time ago" he excused, sitting in front of me, leaning his head on his arms, stacked on top of his thighs.
I scrolled to somewhere between the middle and the end of the book and skimmed through a bunch of chameleon drawings. He must really like those. Then came a sketch of his mom, and then after a few pages, a detailed drawing of me popped in front of my face.
I looked at him, checking his reaction for a second, realizing he froze in position. I skipped to the next two pages, consisting little illustrations of mini-me's and a drawing of me in a flower crown and a big smile.
I smiled at the flustered boy, who clearly forgot all about those pages.
"A little obsessed there, are we?" I perked a brow at him. "It's not what you think-" he reached after the sketchbook, but I just lifted it way behind me, so he couldn't reach it.
"Oh really?" I turned another page, and if it couldn't fit more well to the situation, it was a another rough sketch of mini-me's in different positions. "Looks like I got myself a fan" I chuckled. His lips collided into a thin line and his eyes turned matte at me, trying to signal that he didn't find it funny. I, on the other side found it absolutely hysterical that he had not one, not two, but twelve drawings of me in total in one single sketchbook. (I counted before he ripped it out of my hands).
"You shouldn't be embarrassed about your fan art, Camilo. I made some of you as well" I winked at him, followed by pulling out a bunch of papers from the drawers next to me. His mouth opened to a little 'o' as he leaned forward to see the drawings I had made. I gave him the papers, for him to look through. He studied each of them carefully and after a nerve wrecking moment of silence, he finished and asked, "can i have these?" He looked at me with hopeful eyes.
"Uh, sure." I tucked a free hair behind my ear, "if you want them." I looked over at my drawings, not feeling very satisfied with them, as most of the drawings were done pretty lazily.
"Are you kidding? They're extremely good. You really captured my hair right" he giggled at the little designs in his hands. I gave him a smile, not knowing what to answer back.
"Can I see some other drawings you've done?" He asked, like he was genuinely interested in my drawings, which made me feel light-hearted inside.
I pulled out some old drawings for us to look at and he complimented every single one of them.

"I like that one" he pointed at the paper in my hands.
"You've only been saying that at the last billion drawings I've shown you." I side-eyes him.
"But it's true! They're all really good! You're very talented, y/n, seriously." He sang, while giving me an elbow in the side.
I blushed, avoiding eye contact a bit. "Thanks." I muttered. He giggled. "You're welcome."