Dormmates

He sat up slightly, looking me up and down before breaking out a wide grin.

     "Sorry, but-" he paused, running his fingers through his hair.

     Slowly, I watched as his grin turned into a smirk.

     "-I think I just fell for you."

     I held it together for a few seconds before I burst out laughing. I walked to his side and leaned over him, trying to calm myself.

     He broke out in a brilliant smile at my laugh, staring up at me from the ground.

     "I really must've hit my head hard," he said. "Cause I can't think of any other reason why I'm seeing stars."

     My hand flew to my mouth to cover my silent laughs. "You—" I stopped, having to catch my breath. "That's fantastic."

     The grin didn't leave his face as I held out my hand. He took it and sat up, rubbing his back. Concerned, I automatically reached forward to check.

     The boy intercepted my hand with his, lacing our fingers together.

     I sighed jokingly, giving him a halfhearted glare. "You really just can't resist can you?" I shook my head, acting disappointed. "You just fell down a bunch of stairs and the first thing you do is flirt?"

     He shrugged innocently. "Like you said, I can't resist."

     I let out a laugh, pulling him the rest of the way to his feet. He was a bit taller than me, which he seemed to noticed based on how his grin turned into a smirk. Meeting my eyes, he held up our intertwined hands.

     "I'm Park Jimin, your future boyfriend."

     Oh no, a cute boy is saying he's my boyfriend.

     What ever will I do.

     I matched his smirk with one of my own. "I'm Oh Ye-seo, and I might take you up on that offer."

     This time it was him who laughed, his eyes turning into crescents, his hand that was holding mine moving instead to hold his own chest. He swayed a bit, dangerously close to the next flight of stairs down.

     I grabbed his upper arms, concerned for his sake. As if falling down one set of stairs wasn't enough.

     Wait.

     No.

     He has muscles.

     Abort abort abort abort—

     I quickly let go of him, feeling my face grow hot. I turned around and started down the stairs, praying that the red on my face wasn't obvious.

     I heard footsteps behind me and before long Jimin was at my side.

     He 'tsked'. "And I thought we were having a connection."

     My eyes widened as I felt a poke on my cheek. I looked to my right to see Jimin's smug grin.

     "Aww Ye-seo, did I make you blush?"

     "No," I defended. "It's hot in this stairwell."

     "Sure, sure," he said. The stairwell went silent as we descended to another floor, the only sound our quiet steps. I started to calm down, the silence helping to slow my fast heart.

     "So...." Jimin said after a while. I turned halfway to look at him as I walked. He smirked, "Are my muscles that impressive?"

     I scowled, pushing him away by his shoulder as he giggled. I walked faster, thanking God when I saw the exit door. I pushed it open, finding myself back in the lobby.