Chapter 3: The Moonlight Drink

Casey's POV

I woke up and smiled remembering my day yesterday with Sean. I also had to go to the bar today to meet Sean and get the job and find out my hours and stuff. I got up and quickly hopped into the shower. When I was done I pulled on some blue ripped skinny jeans and a Aeropostale tee . I threw my hair up into a messy bun and pulled over my colts sweater. Searching my room, I found my phone, keys, and wallet and threw them into my backpack. I crept down the stairs slowly hoping to leave unnoticed. With no such luck.

" WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU GOING?!?" Paul bellowed storming up to me.

" Job interview." I mumbled.

" You think you will actually get a job?!?" He laughed in my face. I stayed quiet.

" No one will ever hire you, you pathetic little shit." He growled and pushed me backwards sending me crashing into a coffee table with a glass piece of decoration on it. It shattered and I let out a cry of pain as one of its pieces buried itself in my cheek. I quickly got up ignoring the pain and ran to my car I just bought after years saving up for it. I pulled the glass out and wiped it with a baby wipe out of my glovebox. After a bit it sopped bleeding and I made my way to the bar.

Sean was already there, waiting outside playing on his phone.

" Hey." I called once I was out of my car. He looked up from his phone, confused then saw me and smiled.

" Hey Casey." He smiled.

" What's up?" I asked popping the p.

" Nothing Riley (bar owner) will be here soon." He said.

" Oh ok." I replied suddenly getting nervous.

" You will do great." Sean sighed noticing my scared face.

" Thanks you too." He said calming me down.

" By the way what happened to your cheek?" He asked suddenly.

" I um fell and cut it on a piece of glass." I half lied.

" Oh, ok." He mumbled. Just then a blue mustang pulled up and middle age man in a suit stepped out.

" That's Riley." Sean whispered.

" Hello Sean." Riley smiled and shook his hand and turned to me

" And your Casey right?" He asked smiling.

" Yes sir." I replied shaking his reached out hand.

" Let's go inside shall we?" He asked leading us inside to the already busy bar.

" So what positions are you guys looking to be?" Riley asked.

" A waiter." Sean answers immediately.

" A waitress." I answer.

" Ok and your turning 18 next month am I correct Sean?" He asked.

" Yes sir." Sean confirmed.

" And how old are you Casey?" He turned to me.

" I'm turning 18 in July." I said.

" Ok." He murmured.

" You both seem like good people you both got the jobs, congrats." He smiled.

" Come with me to get you your uniforms." Riley gestured for us to follow him. We went into the back to what I'm guessing was a supply room. He went through the sizes and stuff and 5 minutes later we had out uniforms.