twenty

School is not for everyone

School is not for everyone. Some people love school because they get to learn and fill their brains with knowledge, shit that we will never need in real life.

Then there are people like me.

The idea of sitting in a class for seventy-five minutes, four times a day, five out of the seven days in a week makes me feel queasy.

I enjoy walking around, socializing, drawing on the bathroom stalls, debating with my teachers, starting random conversations with people in the halls. That is what is interesting to me. Not some book about God flies. Not the quadratic theory. And especially not Italian grammar rules.

That is why I ditched after lunch.

I have a slight skip in my step as I make my way to my home up in the sky. Not much thought went behind skipping English and Italian. I just thought : "fuck this stupid shit." And then walked out of the front doors. It was way easier than it should've been but I am not complaining.

It is mid October so it's been around three weeks since school started. The sun is shining and there isn't a single cloud in sight. The leaves are changing colours so the street that is lined by trees are coated with orangey brown leafs.

I keep my head down as I try to step on all of the crunchy leaves. The crunchy ones just make me feel so satisfied.

A lot has happened in the past few weeks. For starters Nardo who I haven't called Dad since that terrible day, he took me to his mafia warehouse which was quite fascinating. Everyone called me Capa. I was so fucking confused and Nardo decided to not answer me when I questioned him about it.

That was his fault because I thought that's just what you did around there, calling people you don't know Capo and/or Capa.

I was acknowledged by a man walking by and he bowed just like the others and said Capa in a very respectful manner. Then when he stood up at his full height I gave him a small curtsy and called him Capo.

The look I got from everyone around me I couldn't even describe. Nardo pace palmed shaking his head a bit before dragging me back to one of his many offices.

I received a lecture from him about etiquette that is followed in these warehouses. I zoned him out for most of his lecture because I couldn't give a rats ass about his Mafia 'rules.' Look, I am not much of a rule and order person like my dear father. I am a more layed back, ditch school, and jump on crunchy leaves type of gal.

A few days after that Zachary and I joined the diving team. He's really freaking good and he always out-dos me driving me absolutely mental.

Luca and I have hung out a few times after school just walking around and eating at the same cafe. I have gone to my very first sleepover with April and Logan. It was a lot of fun and we did some wild shit.

By wild shit I meant sneaking out and sharing a cigarette while we looked out at the small pond infront of us.

I haven't quite shaken the habit of smoking but it definitely isn't as bad as it used to be. When I need to smoke Nardo gives me a cigarette and we smoke on the balcony looking over the city. Having him control when I have them is extremely helpful for me breaking the habit. I can go two weeks without one now.