eight

"Oh my god she's so cute

"Oh my god she's so cute."

"Shush you idiot she's sleeping." I hear two voices in my half asleep half awake phase. I keep my eyes closed and try to fall back asleep. I haven't slept this good my whole life.

My beauty rest is disturbed when I feel someone gently poking me awake. "If you don't want a black eye than let me sleep." I grumble out turning away from the person.

I hear them sigh and I let myself relax back into my sleep. "Maggie." I hear Nardos voice say softly. "You need to wake up kid, we have a lot of things to do today."

"Nardo do you know why I am so drop dead gorgeous?" I mumble still half asleep.

"Why Mags?" He questions softly. I can tell he's sitting on the edge of the bed. He is rubbing my back. I won't lie and say it doesn't feel nice. I've never woken up like this before.

"Because normally I don't have people with stupid names disturbing my beauty rest." I answer more awake and less slurred.

"I don't have a weird name." Marco says from the other side of my empty room.

"Fine, you have a weird face then." I hear him gasp before I finally open my eyes glaring at the two.

"Don't glare at me Mags when your hair looks like that." Nardo laughs at my hair. I flip both of them off and go over to my bathroom.

Looking at myself in the mirror I get what he was talking about. Geez, you look like a mess.

You're ugly

Thanks Tina.

Doing my morning shit which consists of splashing my face with water, brushing my teeth, and fixing my hair I notice my energy start to come back.
By the time I make my way to where I hear their two voices, I am skipping, and looking alive as ever.

"What a beautiful morning isn't it!" I greet them with a massive smile plopping my dump truck on the barstool next to Marco.

Nardo is at the stove cooking and they both turn their head looking at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"What happened to grumpy Maggie twenty minutes ago?" Marco nudges me.

"Well Marky you see I don't like feeling grumpy, it ruins my vibes. So, I am now excited to start my fabulous day." I chirp while I dig into the plate of bacon and pancakes that Nardo slid over to me.

"This shit is amazing! Are you a chef or something?"

"No kid."