ten

I just finished my work in my home office

I just finished my work in my home office. Ever since Mags got back I have been spending the days with her and my nights catching up on work.

She has had these dark circles under her eyes every morning. I know she isn't sleeping well because she's been on edge.

Every night I've quickly peaked into her room to make sure she is still there and safe and everynight I find her either sleeping under her bed or sleeping beside her window.

I was so worried and confused but the logical side of me knows that she isn't used to sleeping on a bed. I want her to sleep on her bed and I don't know how she will be able survive on that little of sleep.

I peak into her room and I see her again wrapped up in her blankets she pulled off the bed. She has her pillows against the window and she is laying on her side. Her back facing me.

Worry floods through me and I am unsure of why she can't sleep. But the more I stand there I realize what's wrong. So I quickly and quietly shut her door and text one of my guards.

I make two hot chocolates one for me and one for her before I walk back to her room. Opening her door I see her sitting up with her back facing me. She sits staring out the window.

I sit next to her staring out at the city around us. "I think I know why you can't sleep." I tell her. She rubs her eyes and leans her head against my arm.

"What is it?"

"You slept under the stars every night, now all you see is the ceiling. Let's go." I stand up helping her up walking hand in hand to the kitchen.

I try not to laugh at her messy hair but I let it slip out and she rolls her eyes at me.

"Drink your hot chocolate." I point to her. Her eyes light up and she eagerly takes a sip of it.

Marco and I took her out to a cafe the other day and she had never tried hot chocolate. So of course we had to treat her and get her all the types of hot chocolate.

Needless to say it's her favourite drink now. We sip our hot chocolate in silence. I wait for the door to be knocked on and once it does I excuse myself.

At the door the guard I ordered holds a bag. I take it from him giving him a fifty dollar tip before shutting the door and heading back over to Maggie.

At this point she's done her hot chocolate so I drag her back to her room dumping the contents of the bag on her bed. She picks one up looking slightly confused.