nine

Nardo shoves a plate of food at me and I look up at him with my dead eyes

Nardo shoves a plate of food at me and I look up at him with my dead eyes. He lightly glares at the slightly purple bruise on my knuckles. He stays silent as I grumpily eat the food he provided me.

My dear Nardo, got what happens when you try to wake me up. He doesn't know this and I am certainly not telling him, but my reaction was based off of how I'd be woken up in the past.

My groggy half asleep brain didn't know that it was Nardo shaking me awake, so I thought it was someone else.

In my defence I bet my hand hurts more than his face.

Ever since our incident this morning, I've been upset and have covered it up with moodiness. I don't want him knowing why I had that reaction.

"I'm sorry Mags, I know better for next time." He says sitting across from me putting ice on his eye and handing me some for my knuckles.

"Yeah me too, sorry for punching you." I mumble eating my croissant.

"HEY BROTHER AND MY DEAREST NEICE!" Marco screams walking down the foyer. We both grumble and don't answer continuing our breakfast.

"Oh there you are! Geez what the hell happened to you Leo!" He shrieks as he sees the bruise under Nardos eye. Marco then looks over to me seeing my swollen knuckles. "Holy shit! You got rocked by little Maggie?!"

"M'not little." I roll my eyes finishing up my delicious breakfast.

"What are you doing here?" Nardo groans looking at the grinning Marco.

"Oh you know, I needed to see my niece again." I smile at that. Now I have three friends. Ray, Nardo, and Marco.

"Hi Marco." I greet him giving him a small hug. I rest my head on the cool counter and try my best to not feel guilty about Nardos face.

You should be.

I try not to listen to Tina. But it's hard since she kinda lives in my brain. I feel someone rubbing my back comfortingly making me sigh.

I didn't have a good sleep last night so I am exhausted. Every night for a good year now I have slept under the stars. I used them to help me sleep. The other night I fell asleep quickly because I had been up late at night watching 22 Jump Street with Nardo and Marco.

But last night I wasn't as tired as before so I stayed awake majority of the night. So not only was I tired but I was also on edge. That's why I punched Nardo.

It makes me want to cry knowing I hurt him.

Yes, I have gotten into a few fights, and yes I have hurt people before. But they all deserved it. Nardo was just trying to wake me from my sleep. He was doing it gently too. The past few days have been the best of my life and yet I still manage to fuck it all up.

"Maggie we will be right back." Nardo tells me as his hands leave my back. I hear their hushed talking in the next room but I can't make out what they are saying.