twenty - eight

"Dad

"Dad."

"Yes?"

"I'm gay."

"I know." My jaw drops to the floor in shock from his words. I thought I was slick. Why can't I ever keep top secret secrets?!

"Are you bitching me for real right now?" I shriek. "God I can't even come out to my own father without him already knowing."

He tries to say something but I don't let him. "I am Leonardo Giovanni, I look like I'm constipated half the time and I know all your secrets." I mock him, making my voice lower to sound like his.

"I do not look constipated all the time." He scoffs.

"Oh yeah and I am not gay. Which apparently you already seem to fucking know!" I groan, crossing my arms over my chest staring out of the car window. We are stuck in the typical NYC traffic.

"Maggie," he sighs, smiling a bit. "It's okay that I knew. I just wanted to wait for you to be ready to tell me."

"How did you know?"

"Every single time we go out and we pass a girl you shamelessly check her out." I huff at his explanation, however he continues. "You also, whenever we watch tv or movies and there is a actress you find attractive, you say that you'd let them run you over."

"Ugh! God I can't have anything." I groan. This is no fair. He's right. I won't let him know that though.

"Hey, my no boyfriends rule now applies to girlfriends too."

"Yeah good luck with that."

"You're dating your friend Logan right?"

"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!" I scream at him. He starts to hysterically laugh. This is not funny.

"What else do you know huh?!" I question him accusingly, flailing my arms as he continues to laugh.

Why can't I have the element of surprise? That moment were he freezes and then says: "damn I didn't expect that." But no, he already knew. How long? I am unsure. He probably has known since before I was born because he's Nardo and Nardo knows everything.

"Quick what's fifty-seven times ninety-eight?" Let's see if he really does know everything or if he's just a faker. I mean who could get that number off the top of their heads I mean they must be so–

"Five thousand, five hundred and eighty-six." He answers not missing a beat. My jaw drops off it's hinges or whatever they are called and I plug the numbers into the calculator.

Of course he was right.

"Unfucking believable." I roll my eyes resorting to look out the window. I don't need to see his smug face. However the world seems cruel to me as I can see his stupid face in the stupid reflection in the window.