twenty - three

My leg is bouncing up and down at a ridiculous pace

My leg is bouncing up and down at a ridiculous pace. It's bouncing fast enough to power a fucking city. I sit in my seat in history class, anxiety coursing through my body making me feel really fucking cold.

Someone in this class took that photo of me. Someone in this class is working for Roan. Either Roan or his mafia yet either way they are still a fucking threat.

"Are you okay Trouble? You've been anxious all day?" I whip my head around hearing the soothing, yet worried voice of my girlfriend.

"Yep! Great!" I attempt to hide my nervousness. She furrows her eyebrows obviously not believing me. I just look away watching the classroom door. I made her get here early because I wanted to watch every single person enter to see if they look threatening. Of course I didn't tell Logan the real reason why.

She seems to drop it while keeping a close eye on me. I shake her concern off watching as kids start walking through the doors.

None of them make eye contact with me. They just lazily make their way to their desks probably exhausted from going to bed at three in the morning. I can't do that. I tried it once and was bitchy all day. Nardo thought it was hilarious.

I feel way better knowing that we are on good terms. I am still going to try my hardest to be good for him and not do stupid shit. But now I have another issue at hand. It's no longer just me knowing that someone out there is hunting me down. Now they are close by and taking photos of me.

I have body guards now stationed all around the school watching every single person who enters the school with a close eye. The only place where I am not around the clock covered by guards is when I am in the four walls of the school.

The guards still have to look inconspicuous.

The class has mostly filled up by now, only a few stragglers entering the room. The second periods final bell goes off and my teacher starts taking attendance. However he is interrupted when the door slams back open and I meet the haunting eyes that I have become so acquainted with.

My mind immediately rushes to Roan. His eyes are that same petrifying icy blue that do not look warm and welcoming but rather cold and deadly. The eyes of Roan. Yet this isn't him. This is the same boy that Logan and I bumped into on my first week of school. I had insulted him and couldn't shake the familiarity behind his scary eyes.

"Mr. Rudenko why are you late?" My teacher questions the clearly older boy.

Oh my god. My blood runs cold at the boys name. Rudenko. Roan Rudenko. The icy blue eyes, the same last name, the picture taken in this class.

I go to school with someone related to Roan. My heavy breathing increases as I try to look away from his piercing stare. The stare that is directed towards me. He answers the teacher yet all I can hear is a muffles. I watch as the boy who I never realized was in this class take a seat in the row behind me two desks to my left. That's the angle the photo was taken from.