Prolouge

Before you read: this fanfic is based AFTER the events of the movie encanto :D and y/n and their family does not live in encanto at the beginning.

DISCLAIMER: this a work of fiction and is only made for younger simps at the APPROPRIATE age to read this. (No seriously, if you're over 17,😐👉🚪)

Minor TW: slight mentions of blood, near death experience, trauma, curse words, self hate & body image, eating disorders.
(PS: i have a tiktok, called Desacin, where I post ab this fiction lmao (it's dead btw)

Also please let me know if I should change the pronouns to gender neutral, since this yn is described as feminine!!

Also feel free to correct for any errors or spelling mistakes, don't be shy lmao

That's pretty much it, so see you at the end :)

- 1st person pov: y/n

A pair of amber glowing eyes stared back at my reflection. I took a step closer to my mirror, staring at the frightening cat-like eyes.
"I look like a monster." I thought to myself. What was the point of these inhuman looking eyes? Couldn't I just have my powers without them?
"Y/N WE'RE LATE" mom yelled from downstairs. You could tell she was stressed about meeting with her mother. My abuela is kind of scary, if I have to say so myself. She's always so negative and talks extremely loud, due to her hearing problem. I brushed invisible dust off my dress and sighed. "I can do this." I fake smiled to myself and left my room.

Little did I know what was coming.